sharetrader
Page 420 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3203704104164174184194204214224234244304705209201420 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I'm buying more today at $2.75. Best value share on the NZX by a country mile IMO. All naysayers are most welcome in the famous words of Client Eastwood to "Make my Day" and sell into that.
    Think you might have missed your chance Roger but you may still have a chance(cyclical you know---Lets hope this Ebola thing doesnt rear it ugly head again in any numbers. (Liberia)

Anyone know when the VN prices arrive?--- MAL is around $1100+ to BKK (full service) in terms of comparison.

I hope your keeping from putting to many eggs in one basket as nothing is certain is this crazy world we live in--even though AIR looks a reasonable share to own.

Tickets will go on sale in early 2016, subject to government and regulatory approvals.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/press...ect-to-vietnam

Flight time to Vietnam - 11 hours. They will offer full service this is definitely long haul.
    Last edited by brend; 23-11-2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: link

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Think you might have missed your chance Roger but you may still have a chance(cyclical you know---Lets hope this Ebola thing doesnt rear it ugly head again in any numbers. (Liberia)

Anyone know when the VN prices arrive?--- MAL is around $1100+ to BKK (full service) in terms of comparison.

I hope your keeping from putting to many eggs in one basket as nothing is certain is this crazy world we live in--even though AIR looks a reasonable share to own.
    21% portfolio value now mate. Should really leave it at that but the value is so compelling...its very similar to being at a very good smorgasbord for dinner and thinking...maybe I can squeeze in a little bit more
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-11-2015 at 11:49 AM.

[QUOTE=skid;598339]Think you might have missed your chance Roger but you may still have a chance(cyclical you know---Lets hope this Ebola thing doesnt rear it ugly head again in any numbers. (Liberia)

Don't mention Ebola, Roger will be selling the lot.

IMO

I'm buying more today at $2.75. Best value share on the NZX by a country mile IMO. All naysayers are most welcome in the famous words of Client Eastwood to "Make my Day" and sell into that.
    And to the posters who did this the last two times the s/p was up hereabouts ( check the chart from march); what do you think, risk off? Roller coaster; what is your margin of safety at this price?

HY results should be out in February. Christmas/New Year is generally quiet, so the risk IMO is that the SP might decline again. I'll continue to hold but not buying anything further unless there is a major drop.

Depending on your investment horizon, it is still a good buy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    And to the posters who did this the last two times the s/p was up hereabouts ( check the chart from march); what do you think, risk off? Roller coaster; what is your margin of safety at this price?
    Some people will always look at the glass half empty. We've had a record profit since March and it looks set to be even double the FY15 result this year so chart's going back to March are not especially relevant but to the glass half empty brigade it wouldn't matter if AIR made $600m before tax this half and $1.3 billion for the full year...they'd simply say that all the star's aligned once only for AIR and profit will normalise quickly thereafter. One of the major brokers has taken this approach and currently has a reduce rating on AIR with a target price of only $2.50. They think aviation fuel costs will ramp quickly back to normal next year but curiously seem to think the world's airlines won't try and recover any of this extra cost through fuel surcharges or general airfare increases so appear to assume the current slightly lower yields remain unchanged. Warren Buffett doesn't like airlines and neither did Gordon Gekko and besides that they pollute the environment so must by default be a sin stock right ? Consensus broker valuation is $3.03 so anyone fortunate enough to get any at $2.75, (I wasn't today), has about a 10% margin of safety based on consensus valuation which is heavily skewed by one major house that's had a jaundiced view on AIR for quite some time now, (read, they've been wrong for quite some time now).

Craigs are on the money I reckon with their conviction buy rating and $3.40 valuation, (lowest PE ever for AIR of only 4.8 and this in economic conditions that could hardly be described as rosy) and even that assumes oil ramps quickly back up...but does it ?..maybe many of the commodities stay lower for a lot longer.

I guess people could wait for it to go down to $2.40 again before looking to top up or get in but I for one won't be holding my breath for that to happen.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-11-2015 at 05:40 PM.

IMO

Yes re $2.40 is my margin but each to their own. Despite so many good announcements the s/p hasn't responded ;its gone down and crabbing around atm, why is this, competition increasing,Terrorism ,compression, getting too close to(most) brokers values or?. Im still holding just and hope it really does get some legs ,but there is not enough in it currently for me to take the risk of adding.Until the s/p makes a convincing break up on vol I'm just not sure where it will go, so being careful here. Plus the T/A is not healthy atp

http://www.stats.govt.nz/browse_for_...HOTPOct15.aspx Continuation of strong tourism growth and now net migration is at its highest level ever. I guess all these new residents will want to travel and have their relatives come and visit. AIR's October monthly operating stat's should be out this week.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-11-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Advanced Member

Some people will always look at the glass half empty. We've had a record profit since March and it looks set to be even double the FY15 result this year so chart's going back to March are not especially relevant but to the glass half empty brigade it wouldn't matter if AIR made $600m before tax this half and $1.3 billion for the full year...they'd simply say that all the star's aligned once only for AIR and profit will normalise quickly thereafter. One of the major brokers has taken this approach and currently has a reduce rating on AIR with a target price of only $2.50. They think aviation fuel costs will ramp quickly back to normal next year but curiously seem to think the world's airlines won't try and recover any of this extra cost through fuel surcharges or general airfare increases so appear to assume the current slightly lower yields remain unchanged. Warren Buffett doesn't like airlines and neither did Gordon Gekko and besides that they pollute the environment so must by default be a sin stock right ? Consensus broker valuation is $3.03 so anyone fortunate enough to get any at $2.75, (I wasn't today), has about a 10% margin of safety based on consensus valuation which is heavily skewed by one major house that's had a jaundiced view on AIR for quite some time now, (read, they've been wrong for quite some time now).

Craigs are on the money I reckon with their conviction buy rating and $3.40 valuation, (lowest PE ever for AIR of only 4.8 and this in economic conditions that could hardly be described as rosy) and even that assumes oil ramps quickly back up...but does it ?..maybe many of the commodities stay lower for a lot longer.

I guess people could wait for it to go down to $2.40 again before looking to top up or get in but I for one won't be holding my breath for that to happen.
    Nobody fortunate @ 2.75 today , 2.755 was the lowest traded.