sharetrader
Page 423 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3233734134194204214224234244254264274334735239231423 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

IMO

Yep , BACK UP THE TRUCK !!!, but watch out for the ABYSS i mean AIRBUS!.
    Another good" announcement and another day down, WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I am guessing its the US issuing worldwide travel alert. I would have thought it'll be better for us, as more travelers heading this way.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Is there someone a little more mathematically inclined that could explain these "odds" in my lifetime I know a great number of people have died due to Tsunami, you hear of many deaths in China from fireworks factories exploding ( not sure if that counts ) . However I can't recall a single person hit by an asteroid .
    The estimated odds of being killed by an asteroid are high relative to the number of people who have ever been hit by one (probably close to zero) because when the earth is hit again by a really large asteroid, a significantly large number of people (possibly everyone then living) will die.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Is there someone a little more mathematically inclined that could explain these "odds" in my lifetime I know a great number of people have died due to Tsunami, you hear of many deaths in China from fireworks factories exploding ( not sure if that counts ) . However I can't recall a single person hit by an asteroid .
    I think you have your fill @ 2.75 now Roger .
    Rogers figures were for USA residents

I assume aircraft are insured against acts of terrorism ... Or not? Mmm . Must check my life insurance for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post

I have a friend who just arrived on one of the big airbuses and said it was really comfortable (Emirates)--not sure how this stacks up with the dream liners and what the seating arrangement is, compared with them, and AIR but it was interesting to hear.
    Passengers like this aircraft. If a competitor intrduces them on North American routes Cullen Airlines will loose market share and pricing power.

The board at Cullen Ailines need not sing a waiata about this though. Queer and Nasty Airlines have gone cold on this aircraft the North American airlines have a "not invented here" prejudice against them and the sand state airlines wont be able to use them on this route as meere mention of their names make airline lobbyists and thair handmaidens in the US Congress foam at the mouth.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

Nothing like a good travel alert to shake out the weak holders and those scared of an abyss. Pulled my order back to $2.71 in light of this and got a fill anyway and very happy with that. Time for some quick-eze now to ease the indigestion

I bought back 1/3 at $2.75, 1/3 at $2.71 & and got an order for 1/3 at $2.60 (If it ever goes that low again). I'm so annoyed I sold out at $2.61 but that's the way it goes. Have now set my stop loss at $2.00 with a slower moving trailing stop loss. Now I think I will sit back & wait for some dividends in March to repay some of my loan.

Given we're looking at profit doubling in the current half compared to last year I'm expecting a commensurate increase in the interim dividend, (last year 6.5 cps) especially given they're currently enjoying an oil price tailwind so 13 cps fully imputed in March plus a possible interim special divvy and I'm expecting them to slightly increase last year's final of 9.5 cps, say 13 cps and pay a special of not less than 10 cps at the time of the final divvy in September 2016 so all up about 36 cps fully imputed. 36 / 0.72 = 50 cents gross.

This would amount to about a 60% pay-out ratio inclusive of the special which is well within the bounds of their financial resources while contemporaneously retaining ample funds for fleet acquisitions to facilitate route growth and fleet modernisation and this would give a gross dividend yield of 18.4% on the current price of $2.71.

I'd say that gives anyone buying AIR shares using debt a pretty comfortable margin of safety and an exceptionally positive net yield.

Disc: I don't mix debt and equity and an 18.4% yield gives me an extremely robust margin of safety compared to the 2.5%, (shortly to be 2.25% gross, and in early 2016 2.00%) I'm currently "enjoying" on my call account funds.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-11-2015 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    JT - you a fan of U2

Great album that The Joshua Tree. Fav track is "I still haven't found what I'm looking for"

The tree featured on the album cover fell over and recently been vandalised much to the chagrin of dedicated U2 fans
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”