sharetrader
Page 427 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3273774174234244254264274284294304314374775279271427 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 20190

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Some commentators say the value of these awards are diminished somewhat because 2 of the leading judges have been deeply involved in so many scandals (south Canterbury finance etc) that they aren't really the right people to judge the best in class.

Never mind gives 1000 people a chance to dress up and have fun while recognising the good work of their peers
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Listened to Mr Hosking talk to Mr Luxon this morning on radio, he's good to listen to isn't he Mr Luxon. I think we're in great company and even the CFO got the award.

And I think the Buenos Aires service starts on 1st Dec followed by Houston on 15th Dec.
    Luxon certainly has been the "stand out" CEO this year.
    He deserves the Deloitte Top 200.CEO of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Listened to Mr Hosking talk to Mr Luxon this morning on radio, he's good to listen to isn't he Mr Luxon. I think we're in great company and even the CFO got the award.

And I think the Buenos Aires service starts on 1st Dec followed by Houston on 15th Dec.
    Yes mate it is a superbly managed and governed company. There are many other fine leaders out there but to be honest I would have been surprised if C.L. hadn't taken out the award this year. I spoke with him after the 2014 ASM meeting and he really impressed me with his highly articulate answers and engaging approach. In my opinion he's doing a superb job and I think we are extremely fortunate to have him leading our company. He's at a good age too and i hope he stay's on for many years. Also nice to see Rob McDonald get the CFO award. Tony Carter also a real gentleman and a superb director.
    Top Calibre team here folks, with arguably amongst the very best credentials in N.Z. and the company is on a record ever low (for AIR), FY16 PE of less than 5 according to Craigs who have it on their conviction BUY list with a target price of $3.40. Happy to hold long term and not worried about current slight weakness in SP and competition and expecting jumbo sized fully imputed dividends in 2016.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-11-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Good article

What Air NZ up to is known in the inner circles as fungibly pontificating inexpensive "outside the box" thinking

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/bett...d-four-seasons

No world calamities, full moon has passed and we are ready for the annual Santa Rally on the market .......... AIR at 3 bucks here we come
    Last edited by winner69; 30-11-2015 at 08:19 AM.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/AIR/announcements/274308

Means that Air NZ still has considerable upside from the fuel price if oil price continues at current levels?

Yes it does Balance. With the busy summer period just ahead, booming growth in tourism and two new international routes together with record low fuel prices both hedged and unhedged, the cash register's will be ringing like crazy this summer especially with six of those fancy new fuel sipping Dreamliners in operation $3 is just around the corner !
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-11-2015 at 09:59 AM.

Flew to Fiji in the 787 for work, was incredible. Loads of leg room, fantastic service. The onboard entertainment system was exceptional, very impressed.

Dilettante

A great little innovation from AIR. http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/bett...d-four-seasons
    While not a huge selling point (but many parents sending Unaccompanied Minors will love it), it shows the attitude and outside the box thinking of management.

I love that little message telling my double shot long black is ready as soon as I walk into the lounges. The bag tag idea when fully developed will also be great.

AIR definitely are leaders in innovation and service and a great airline to travel with.

MSCI index rebalancing at close folks. Anyone who bagged some shares on "flash" index rebalancing sale at $2.72 did very well IMO. Normal service should return tomorrow. Expect some more noise from Jetstar about their new domestic routes tomorrow.

Ok, another go

No world calamities, full moon has passed and we are ready for the annual Santa Rally on the market .......... AIR at 3 bucks here we come, esp as the MCSI rebalancing is behind us