sharetrader
Page 428 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3283784184244254264274284294304314324384785289281428 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Ok, another go

No world calamities, full moon has passed and we are ready for the annual Santa Rally on the market .......... AIR at 3 bucks here we come, esp as the MCSI rebalancing is behind us
    Yes and AIR have invested in the largest solar array in N.Z. at their Auckland base and are moving towards electric cars wherever possible so they're doing their bit for climate change and that should keep everyone happy and be good for $3 soon.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes and AIR have invested in the largest solar array in N.Z. at their Auckland base and are moving towards electric cars wherever possible so they're doing their bit for climate change and that should keep everyone happy and be good for $3 soon.
    Roger..Aviation industries do this to create a smoke screen..Aviation industry is one one of the grubbiest polluters, up there with iron and aluminum producing industries.. Aviation Companies do not want to get caught in the cross-hairs with the global warming brigade....The public are very unaware of the climate impact planes has on the Planet..At the moment their attention is focused elsewhere...

Quote from an old research paper...".....Per passenger-hour traveled however, aviations climate impact is a factor 6 to 47 higher than the impact from car travel......"

NASA (2004) documented how the increase in air travel could account for half a degree increase per decade in the past 30 years, and that figure would only rise as air travel becomes more affordable and ubiquitous.

National Geographic...Quote..."...Air traffic worldwide is increasing so rapidly that global carbon dioxide emissions from aviation, which now represent just 2 to 3 percent of all CO2 pollution, could jump as much as 500 percent by 2050..."
    Forecasting can be overdone as new technology often emerge such as Dreamliners which are more efficient...

Yes I know Hoop it was really a little tongue in cheek comment in regard to the climate change meeting in Paris. I think we all realise all airlines emit huge quantities of pollution. but at least AIR are doing what they can with new fuel efficient aircraft like the Dreamliner and the latest purchase of very fuel efficient ATR600 aircraft as well as the steps mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes it does Balance. With the busy summer period just ahead, booming growth in tourism and two new international routes together with record low fuel prices both hedged and unhedged, the cash register's will be ringing like crazy this summer especially with six of those fancy new fuel sipping Dreamliners in operation $3 is just around the corner !
    Roger enjoy your posts, some myths about the 787.

Sure its fuel efficient but on a long haul route against a 777-200 it makes less profit I suggest. The extra premium seats in a 777-200 over a 787 if sold would generate significantly more revenue than the cost of the extra fuel used. I imagine the capital and operating costs of a 777-200 to be less than that of the 787. Another negative with the 787 is that it has poor cargo capacity, volume wise on long haul routes thus reducing the cargo revenue .

I doubt AIR would agree with me for obvious reasons. Your thoughts??
    Last edited by RTFQ; 01-12-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Guru

I wonder if the time will come when some of the older planes are actually outlawed--Right now I think its more the economic cost savings.

I suppose the economy in general would be one of the earths worst enemies.

Seems a bit dangerous having it in Paris..must be a security nightmare.

Fortunately with CO2 having a higher density than nitrogen, as CO2 levels increase it will enable planes to take off at lower speeds, thus saving fuel.*

* Invented "facts" plucked from thin (but thickening) air
    Last edited by Onion; 01-12-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Hi RTFQ and welcome to the forum. The 787-9's have been acquired primarily for the purpose of replacing the aging 767-300's which have had to be kept operational longer than originally envisaged due to the well known delay's in the Dreamliner development programme. They weren't procured as a replacement for the 777-200 although they have not dissimilar operating capabilities.

IIRC the 777-200's are on average about 10 years old and I know the refurbishment programme with be completed on all 8 of them by the end of this month.

In terms of the upscale 767-300 v 787-9 there's actually been a significant boost in capacity from 230 seats and five tonnes of cargo capacity, (sometimes this is compromised if the pax load is at max on longer flights) to 302 seats and the full 15 tonnes of cargo can be carried regardless of pax load), so at least 3 times the cargo capacity which is especially useful for fresh products into Asia.

Further there's a meaningful difference in cruise speed with the old 767-300 at 870 k.p.h. and the new Dreamliner at 910 k.p.h. as well as range advantage with the new plane.
    Dreamliner's were designed to be 20% more efficient on a seat mile basis than the 767-300's but I understand they're getting in excess of that, I hear whispers of 24% fuel savings per seat mile.
    No heavy maintenance is due on the new Dreamliner's for the first 9 years of operation and they got these new aircraft for a real bargain compared to retail. $150m each was mentioned at the annual meeting, I believe the current retail is over $250m per plane. 2 more due next year.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-12-2015 at 10:55 AM.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11553776

Not quite sure what they're hoping to achieve with their but AIRNZ posted it to Facebook almost every single comment is negative.

My own experience Air NZ is that crew never ever seem to be in any kind of hurry, and leave and arrive late more times than not.

Default Let's Tango

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/aviation/n...ectid=11553631

AIR starts flights to Buenos Aires today and has recently signed Ritchie McCaw as brand ambassador...pretty sure he's a face that will be internationally recognised and respected

Guru

I flew on Vietnam Airlines the other month and they left the runway at the alloted time - not left the gate somewhere near the time.