sharetrader
Page 429 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3293794194254264274284294304314324334394795299291429 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi RTFQ and welcome to the forum. The 787-9's have been acquired primarily for the purpose of replacing the aging 767-300's which have had to be kept operational longer than originally envisaged due to the well known delay's in the Dreamliner development programme. They weren't procured as a replacement for the 777-200 although they have not dissimilar operating capabilities.

IIRC the 777-200's are on average about 10 years old and I know the refurbishment programme with be completed on all 8 of them by the end of this month.

In terms of the upscale 767-300 v 787-9 there's actually been a significant boost in capacity from 230 seats and five tonnes of cargo capacity, (sometimes this is compromised if the pax load is at max on longer flights) to 302 seats and the full 15 tonnes of cargo can be carried regardless of pax load), so at least 3 times the cargo capacity which is especially useful for fresh products into Asia.

Further there's a meaningful difference in cruise speed with the old 767-300 at 870 k.p.h. and the new Dreamliner at 910 k.p.h. as well as range advantage with the new plane.
    Dreamliner's were designed to be 20% more efficient on a seat mile basis than the 767-300's but I understand they're getting in excess of that, I hear whispers of 24% fuel savings per seat mile.
    No heavy maintenance is due on the new Dreamliner's for the first 9 years of operation and they got these new aircraft for a real bargain compared to retail. $150m each was mentioned at the annual meeting, I believe the current retail is over $250m per plane. 2 more due next year.
    Roger,Thanks for the info Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    MSCI index rebalancing at close folks. Anyone who bagged some shares on "flash" index rebalancing sale at $2.72 did very well IMO. Normal service should return tomorrow. Expect some more noise from Jetstar about their new domestic routes tomorrow.
    One of buy orders got picked up in this, lucky me I hope. Pardon my ignorance, what is a MSCI index rebalance please?

Yes lucky you. I thought about getting some more but there's only so much freight you can carry within comfortable load limit's

http://www.msci.com/resources/factsh...orld-index.pdf

Every six months index tracking funds have to make a rebalance of their portfolio to track the stock weighting specification of the fund.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-12-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks Roger

Default AIR N.Z. Tops Airline Honours Third Year in a Row !!

Advanced Member

I hope Air NZ get all their A 320's checked out for this problem

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/74...hat-killed-162

I am sure there has already been an airworthiness directive issued and AIR would have already done the required inspections.

Oil lower for longer ? http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/01/why-o...backfired.html

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Air NZ Top Airline again

AirlineRatings.com's top 10 airlines:
    1. Air New Zealand
    2. Qantas Airways
    3. Etihad Airways
    4. Cathay Pacific Airways
    5. Singapore Airlines
    6. Emirates
    7. EVA Air
    8. Virgin Atlantic /Virgin Australia
    9. All Nippon Airways
    10. Lufthansa

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/travel/arti...id=mailsignout

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Air NZ Top Airline again

AirlineRatings.com's top 10 airlines:
    1. Air New Zealand
    2. Qantas Airways
    3. Etihad Airways
    4. Cathay Pacific Airways
    5. Singapore Airlines
    6. Emirates
    7. EVA Air
    8. Virgin Atlantic /Virgin Australia
    9. All Nippon Airways
    10. Lufthansa

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/travel/arti...id=mailsignout
    Once again, none of the American or Canadian airlines feature on this list. Will be interesting to see what load percentage American Airlines achieve when they start flying down here.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    I hope Air NZ get all their A 320's checked out for this problem

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/74...hat-killed-162
    Cold shorts on printed circut boards can be very dificult to diagnose. However allowing a component that had failed 23 times prior to the fatal flight to remain in service is beyond the bounds of reason.

The fatal flight also highlights another issue with modern flying and it seems particulary Airbus crews. When the auto pilot can not work out what is going on disconnects and hands control back to humans the humans sometimes fail to deal with it often with fatal results. Air France AF447 is another example of this.

A commentator has suggested that modern pilot training is too computer orientated and fails to properly train for non auto pilot flying. He suggested that it would be good to give pilots as part of their training flights in bug smasher aeroplanes with nothing to fly with other than a joy stick and wind on their faces to give them a seats of the pants intuition about how a plane stays up in the air

What relevance does this have for Cullen Airlines? I hope and pray their maintainence standards and pilot training are light years beter than the Indonesian franchise of Air Asia.