sharetrader
Page 435 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3353854254314324334344354364374384394454855359351435 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Electronic Card Spend in NZ for November saw Travel and Accommodation category sales up 11.4% on last year. Last three months they are up 10.9% on last year

NZers sure spending heaps on travel ..... and Air NZ seem to be cashing in
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

S/P sure is starting to look like faking it till its making it. Heres hoping it can break thru the surface tension and fly.

IMO

Just caught an interview on CNBC with Chris luxton. Re Houston. "theres 30 million Americans with NZ and Aus on their bucket list" re comp , plenty for all. Also they mentioned Qantas, "fastest turnaround in aus corporate history"profit wise, $900 million half yearly profit. Qan s/p been crabbing sideways a bit similar to AIR but down today
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 15-12-2015 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Do you think AIR share price will go over $3 one day? Be honest with me and not consult you muesli or onion skins.
    Thanks for the information Winner.

I've only recently bought AIR so have only a modest paper gain at present. I've stood back until recently because I'm cautious by nature and airlines are supposed to be a great way to lose money.

But AIR seem to be doing really good things; great things for a relatively small player in global terms. I like the innovation, the sense of humour, and mainly the history of good strategy (sensible partnerships, good fleet of aircraft, considered route expansion).

So I certainly hope they can continue to grow their SP, and yes, break the $3 hoodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    S/P sure is starting to look like faking it till its making it. Heres hoping it can break thru the surface tension and fly.
    Share price strengthening ....nearly hit 290 today

Getting close to back the truck up time methinks
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

My Ego has learnt not to use that phrase Vol not very convincing and the s/p has stalled before when that phrase "backing the truck" up was used. At the mercy of the Fed decision tomorrow?

Share price doing better than their customer services at the moment. 4th day with no response to a complaint regarding baggage delay of 28 hours when in Vancouver over the weekend. $6500 in tickets including business class, 2nd time in 6 months my bag has not made the same international flight as me and having to go shopping for 4 hours and $1200 to find cold climate clothes and toiletries for Calgary in the middle of a busy schedule is not my idea of fun. It happens and how companies deal with this after the event will dictate the outcome. Obviously not having so much as an acknowledgement call is not making a very good impression.....

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Share price doing better than their customer services at the moment. 4th day with no response to a complaint regarding baggage delay of 28 hours when in Vancouver over the weekend. $6500 in tickets including business class, 2nd time in 6 months my bag has not made the same international flight as me and having to go shopping for 4 hours and $1200 to find cold climate clothes and toiletries for Calgary in the middle of a busy schedule is not my idea of fun. It happens and how companies deal with this after the event will dictate the outcome. Obviously not having so much as an acknowledgement call is not making a very good impression.....
    agree thats not very good.. . But SP is creeping up. It would be a good NY if it broke through $3 by then. Maybe that would make up for it.....
    Last edited by Yoda; 18-12-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    agree thats not very good.. . But SP is creeping up. It would be a good NY if it broke
    through $3 by then. Maybe that would make up for it.....
    Actually finally got a call from them midday Friday after I left a phone message Thursday morning. They will be in touch next week after looking into. I did mention a 5 day wait was not up to expectations and I was unable to complete travel insurance claim without closing things with them first.

SP over $3 for a bit longer than last time would be good

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    They will be in touch next week after looking into. I did mention a 5 day wait was not up to expectations
    Cullen Airlines should review the performance of their ground handling contractor at YVR.

Bop boop de do
    Marilyn

Edit: I may have been hasty to assign blame to YVR ground handling contractor. After reading workingdads original post the problem seems to be at the AKL end.
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 19-12-2015 at 10:07 AM. Reason: postscript added