sharetrader
Page 45 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955951455451045 ... LastLast

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Ok, I know the cynics will say that Goldmans are pushing AIR for their own benefit but their Analyst's latest report focuses on tourism flows and the positive impact to AIR:

"A full review of our tourism flows suggests the next 12 months should produce one of largest improvements in demand for NZ international air travel in the last 20 years. We expect 'system' in- and out-bound passenger volume growth to recover from -2% in 2009 to +4% in 2010. We have increased our EBIT estimates by around 4% due to slightly higher load factors, driven by improving demand for international air travel, plus a stronger NZ$. Combining both P/Book Value and P/E metrics suggests AIR is the cheapest major mainline airline in our global peer group. We reiterate our Buy recommendation based on our expectation for the third most substantial improvement in NZ international passenger growth in the last 20 years creating a strong platform for operating profit growth and further share price outperformance in FY10. In addition, AIR has attractive relative and absolute valuation metrics and a robust balance sheet".

Arrow Vitamin rings the bell..

Well in NZ AIR is a stand out bet as for the rest make your own judgment , BRICKS picked
    up his DRIP shares and cant stop smiling as the world markets are now on the mend
    a select few will gain and AIR is ONE...

Default recent spike in AIR

hmm belg, well yes.

More importantly what is the cause of AIR's recent spike - 120-130 and is this the start of a new trend?

I am on the sidelines thinking of booking a seat.

It seems AIR is still undervalued vs its competitors (QAN VBA) however from recent operating figures AIR has still not started to grow in terms of seats sold. It is possible that revenue is higher though we will find out towards end of feb with the interim report. I am thinking of a purchase in the lead up to this.

Any opinions - and yes I know what brokers are valuing it so thanks

percy

Quote Originally Posted by modandm View Post
    hmm belg, well yes.

More importantly what is the cause of AIR's recent spike - 120-130 and is this the start of a new trend?

I am on the sidelines thinking of booking a seat.

It seems AIR is still undervalued vs its competitors (QAN VBA) however from recent operating figures AIR has still not started to grow in terms of seats sold. It is possible that revenue is higher though we will find out towards end of feb with the interim report. I am thinking of a purchase in the lead up to this.

Any opinions - and yes I know what brokers are valuing it so thanks
    air are very good at matching loads to aircraft.ie most flight pretty much full.
    should demand fall they run fewer flights.

Last edited by rpcas; 14-04-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Flamin' Norah!
    rpcas -- have a look at a five-year chart. AIR has never been a long-term hold except for the extremely stupid Like Me!! I can't even remember when i first bought, but have been in and out several times, never to great profit, and still have a pawful.
    When i confess particularly dodgy sins to a share-knowledgable friend, he always consoles me with some percentage reference to the the stupidity of owning AIR...

There is a received wisdom re shares that swim, fly or grow -- avoid unless you know the industry. imho the words long-term hold and AIR should never go together.
    Scamper learns the hard way, cheers.

Hi guys

I rely heavily on TA as a rule, but if ever I were tempted to the fundie ways, it'd be with AIR. The people in charge are remarkably good at what they do and there is a huge amount of work going on behind the scenes. To compare NZ with the other big players, I would note a string of good decisions which should set them apart, from marketing to innovation to fleet composition. Don't forget the regional monopoly: It's a major earner where the Tasman and International is a little soft.

I'd be keen to compare notes with any TA guys on the current situation. I would guess (tentatively, not sticking my head above the parapet) that AIR is still in the trading range, but flirting with the upper limit, and if it pops up through 1.36ish the next lot of resistance isn't until 1.48 or thereabouts.

Cheers
    JK

BRICKS returns to NZ 29th April for his winter short break,, just received latest drip again which makes the numbers grow AIR a well run company the plane fare back is $80 dollars for 2
    cheeper than QAN..

Air New Zealand response to media speculation

Air New Zealand today became aware of media speculation that it is in discussions with Virgin Blue regarding a potential trans-Tasman alliance.

Air New Zealand confirms that the airlines have been in ongoing discussions for several months but no agreement has been reached.

Air New Zealand will not comment further on speculation related to these discussions but will advise markets as required if an agreement is concluded.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Naum View Post
    Air New Zealand response to media speculation

Air New Zealand today became aware of media speculation that it is in discussions with Virgin Blue regarding a potential trans-Tasman alliance.

Air New Zealand confirms that the airlines have been in ongoing discussions for several months but no agreement has been reached.

Air New Zealand will not comment further on speculation related to these discussions but will advise markets as required if an agreement is concluded.
    GENERAL: AIR: Air NZ annouces Trans-Tasman Alliance Proposal Media Release 3 May 2010 Air New Zealand and Virgin Blue Airlines Group Announce Trans-Tasman Alliance Proposal AUCKLAND and BRISBANE, 3 May, 2010 - Air New Zealand Ltd (NZSX: AIR) and Virgin Blue Airlines Group (ASX: VBA) have today announced their intention to seek regulatory approval to create an alliance on the trans-Tasman. The proposed alliance will allow the airlines to strengthen their competitive offering on the trans-Tasman and to collaborate on future route and product planning, code sharing and frequent flyer programme benefits. Air New Zealand and Virgin Blue have had trans-Tasman teams working on the alliance proposal for some months and will file applications with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and the New Zealand Ministry of Transport. The regulators are expected to take around six months to review the applications prior to authorisation. Co-founder and Chief Executive......read more

One would have to question why they released the 28th April announcement, 5 days before the official agreement news release ....... We now know it obviously wasn't speculation .....This rumour had been circulating for weeks...

However... well done Air NZ
    Last edited by Hoop; 03-05-2010 at 01:22 PM.