sharetrader
Page 466 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3664164564624634644654664674684694704765165669661466 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Roger , ( hope I am not tempting fate ) think you should nominate a venue that AIR.NZ fly to .( Queenstown) Have a $ 4.00 party for all the believers . We could bring partners , they might like to do some shopping and we can get on it .
    Now this sounds a great idea, Rodger that hotel has limited access with one narrow entrance road across the water..would not want to be ambushed on entry or exit me thinks...

Roger , ( hope I am not tempting fate ) think you should nominate a venue that AIR.NZ fly to .( Queenstown) Have a $ 4.00 party for all the believers . We could bring partners , they might like to do some shopping and we can get on it .
    isnt Roger Chris Luxon?

Sounds like a great idea mate. Couat1 is up for it too, he loves it down there with the skiing. There might be a trip coming up for those interested this coming spring. Gotta spend that XXXXL final and special dividend wisely after all what's the point of investing if you can't have some fun with the spoils...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

$4.00? I'm in. The proceeds from my Rakon shares should cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    which one Winner?

Good one Hoop but that's not 185 Fanshawe St, Auckland
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Back to the thread subject folks. It's fair to say I've been surprised by the speed and extent of the fall in the SP and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Looking at the depth and pattern of selling it seems for over a week now at least two institutions have been competing fairly vigorously to lighten their position.

I am not convinced this is a rational response, (there is significant new competition coming later this year and no way to sugar coat that) but likewise AIR are expanding strongly and as previously posted the latest stat's provide strong encouragement that they can fill their 12% capacity expansion, (half year to date 17% increase in RPK's).

I guess some institutions were simply spooked by all the negative press. Its good that the SP has so far held the 100 day MA which gives some comfort at a time when many will be struggling a little to cope with the turbulence.

All the monthly stat's to date have been very solid and the YTD stat's are very impressive. I continue to hold on the basis that I believe the management and marketing team are an extremely capable and talented group of people. Nobody likes turbulence but I guess one has to accept its par for the course with all airline stocks.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-02-2016 at 11:27 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

One things for sure..as Hoop says..these kind of shares are certainly volatile.

are you still ''only just'' Hoop?
    Last edited by skid; 05-02-2016 at 11:34 AM.

percy

Bums on seats!
    From the CEO's weekly message 2/2/2016;
    Grabaseat.
    Highest ever sales week 18-24 January.
    Biggest ever revenue day Tuesday 19th January,beating previous record by 23%.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Bums on seats!
    From the CEO's weekly message 2/2/2016;
    Grabaseat.
    Highest ever sales week 18-24 January.
    Biggest ever revenue day Tuesday 19th January,beating previous record by 23%.
    Thanks Percy. Its nice to have some encouragement in turbulent times.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks Percy. Its nice to have some encouragement in turbulent times.
    Great management,lead by a brilliant CEO.
    Great staff.
    Great Planes.ie the right planes to do the job.Newish fleet better fuel economy and lower maintance costs.
    Great Routes.
    Great upgrades of Koru lounges.
    Great deal more people travelling to NZ.
    Great deal more people travelling within NZ.
    Buns on seats drive profits.eps growth will drive the share price.
    I would think you/we are "well positioned."