sharetrader
Page 48 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258981485481048 ... LastLast

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Higher NZ dollar + increasing tourist travel must be a bonus for them at the moment.
    one step ahead of the herd

New Zealand = cheap for Australians to visit at the moment. It is also possible that those tourists from further afield who are debating the merits of NZ v Aust would be looking closely at how expensive Aussie is right now and choosing to come here instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post

Operational and share price momentum is now strongly positive and the arrival of new 777-300ERs and A320s in the next 6 months should ensure this momentum is maintained.
    AIR/VBA alliance approved by ACCC just MOT to go. This is a win for shareholders and the public through better flight frequency. Great news!

AIR really pushing as a stock this year - i got some at 1.25 then doubled down at 1.05 and sold 1/2 at 1.34 now 1.47 for a 30% gain on average entry.

I have a hobby interest in planes and find airlines facinating (though not often great investments). I really think AIR is set for a couple of great years with the fleet improvements, new shorthaul product (here) and long haul product (coming early 2011), and the RWC tailwind, as well as VBA tie up. Everything is going AIR way right now. GREAT!! Let's hope management are aggressive in route expansion 2011 with the 77W and the 747 still around.

Guru

Default Hoops Rant for 2011

How on earth did this gutter garbage make Major headline news in a major NZ paper (NZ Herald)

Air NZ - where honesty costs

By Edward Gay

NZH (and Ed Gray) shame on you for giving Air NZ a negative headline spin.

In times of intense competitive pressure amongst airlines there's no need for this sort of thing.

At least the majority of reader feedback shows no sympathy for the family...so it seems there is no marketing damage for Air NZ.

Its low news season Hoop so the media are scratching around for any old story. All the senior journalists are also on holiday so the juniors are running the shop.

In more interesting news, just before Christmas, Morningstar massively increased their valuation of Air NZ to $2.15!

I have long believed that if well run which it is Air NZ is worth $2+ on average throughout the business cycle with a likely reasonable price range of $1 - $3.

percy

I brought a few just before Xmas;Reasons being;I know that most flights are full,and forward bookings are high.With more international flights[Asian and Chinese]there will be more overseas people looking to fly within NZ.The new couch should be a winner for long haul flights,and I expect AIR to make good money selling them to other airlines.However I am sure the alliance with Virgin will give AIR their much needed Australian feeders.Will be of benefit to Virgin as well giving them a feeder from AIR customers.A very good deal.All AIR need to do is add some freight capacity to Australia.

percy

Two announcements today,both positive.
    Code share agreement with Virgin Atlantic .
    China Southern Airline flights to Auckland will add more tourists to use AIR flights in NZ.

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Will be interesting to see if it goes thru 155 resistance ...

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Toulouse - Luzern View Post
    Will be interesting to see if it goes thru 155 resistance ...
    Was going to say it will fly through,but it does seem to be flying into head winds,however it is still above the 10day,20,30,60,180 day moving averages,and is above the high of $1.45 reached on 12th April 2010.So the strong uptread is intact.

picked up some for my folks and some for me just now at 1.44. Surprising weakness on no news - likely some institutions trimming their positions and taking a little profit (a good opportunity to top up). AIR will be reporting in early-mid feb and im expecting good news. Noticed that Mornignstar upgraded AIR a while back for $1.60 to $2.15 which to me seems a little bullish but I do think we will see $1.80 this year. AIR continues to pay a nice sized dividend aswell.

I expect the introduction of new more efficient fleet to largely offset the increased cost of jet which seems a key risk. On oil i think OPEC will be concerned about the rising prices (now circa $90) and be under pressure particularly from the US to maintain cheap oil as to not burn the 'green shoots' and fragile world economy.