sharetrader
Page 496 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3964464864924934944954964974984995005065465969961496 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

That's right, the hotel was one of the bad ones, I was ok to stay there but as the client had taken over the booking I think he was embarrassed to consider putting me up there...

As an aside I have a cheapie houses there, rent out per room to real workers...always a waiting list so cant stay there.

The west coast for accomodation is even worse..drive over for the day the only option currently.

Guru

Its Queenstown Jim,....but not as we know it.

For those that loved the old simple Qtown....kiss it goodbye
    The majestic beauty of the lake and the Remarkables is still there ,but the town is heading towards another aspen Colorado tourist center.
    This will kill the very thing that makes it wonderful--all the locals have for the most part left and gone from the town proper to surrounding areas,away from the craziness.
    Direct flights from China ,and the new automated runway,allowing night flights,is the final straw.IMO
    Last edited by skid; 26-02-2016 at 09:33 AM.

Just noticed on the ASB website, morning start has updated their analysis for AIR NZ and is sticking with $2.80.

Don't agree with a number of points in there, namely "Our no-moat rating reflects the competitive environment. Our fair value estimate is unchanged at NZD 2.80 (AUD 2.60), with the uncertainty rating firming to high from very high."

I think they have underestimated the power of Airpoints, i know personally i will almost always book with Air NZ even when they are not the cheapest as i usually have some Airpoints to burn. I'm assuming i'm not the only one that does that? I'll fly Jetstar but only when there is daylight between prices, which i think has happened once in the last 4 years.

Guru

They can all build at Jacks Point - the new subdivision there that has just been approved.

Air New Zealand fell 1.9 percent to $2.81. The airline posted a record pretax profit in the first half, up 132 percent on a year ago, due to lower fuel prices and a jump in passenger revenue as it added new routes and more aircraft. The stock traded as high as $2.90 after the earnings announcement but fell away by market close.

"It was a pretty strong result, a bit better than recent guidance, but the stock has come off a bit on the back of a more conservative outlook for the second half," said Robert Garden, investment adviser at Craigs Investment Partners. "The result that came out now is largely driven by cheap oil prices, and that's outside of the company's control. Management's just highlighting that uncertainty to the market, and they've kept a lid on the share price."

quoted from the NBR http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/market-...ecord-b-185419

Im not sure the last sentence is right?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    They can all build at Jacks Point - the new subdivision there that has just been approved.
    Yes it seems to be a really popular place...come with a full wallet.

I actually think AIR is usually hard to beat domestically, only the truly price blinded look elsewhere on the main trunk, the AUC - west coast USA flights to LAX and SFO is where they have extracted a premium until recently, that is the big question going forward - they have already price and product mix competition already via Asia ..the Tasman is a commodity...

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Yes it seems to be a really popular place...come with a full wallet.
    Not sure i agree about the full wallet, you can pick up 1/4 acre sections in Jacks Point for high $200, that's less than half what they cost here in Auckland and they are 3 times the size!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    You may well be right in what you say Raz, Blocky has been talking with people in Queenstown and Arrowtown and at the moment it is nearly impossible to get a bed some nights, AIRBNB is being used a lot (this will cause strife later when demand diminishes and full commercial providers are being pinched), the same issue is going on in Tekapo, it is also chocker at the momennt.
    I think tourism worldwide is changing and increasing a lot due to new technologies such as AIRBNB and many others. Increased availabilities of flights is happening right around the World and is a positive for airlines and other tourism operators. I look at increased competition as a positive for AIR, not a negative. The result of this increased competition will be a LOT more people flying. I am sure AIR will adapt and do well.

An example of the benefit of healthy competition domestically is already being seen here in Nelson, where we now have 5 airlines competing. As a frequent flyer who still uses only AIR for my domestic flights, I am pleased as the flights have become MUCH cheaper.
    Nelson Airport has just reported its busiest month ever in January, up 22% from January 2014. This followed on from December being the previous record. Now they need to build a new terminal which will open by 2018
    Increased competition is a win win for all involved in the tourism industry, travellers and companies alike

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    - they have already price and product mix competition already via Asia ..the Tasman is a commodity...
    What do you mean?

Shanghai - yes - competition from China Eastern
    Hong Kong - Revenue Share with Cathay Pacific
    Singapore - Revenue Share
    Japan - Sole carrier