sharetrader
Page 497 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3974474874934944954964974984995005015075475979971497 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Have to reluctantly concede that Queenstown in the peak season is nothing like I remember it as a kid. Still beautiful but its really crowded.
    Wanaka is nicer or better still travel out a bit further and enjoy Lake Hawea
    http://www.lakehawea.co.nz/
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Well, looks like the $3 party has to wait for longer than we're expecting.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Its Queenstown Jim,....but not as we know it.

For those that loved the old simple Qtown....kiss it goodbye
    The majestic beauty of the lake and the Remarkables is still there ,but the town is heading towards another aspen Colorado tourist center.
    This will kill the very thing that makes it wonderful--all the locals have for the most part left and gone from the town proper to surrounding areas,away from the craziness.
    Direct flights from China ,and the new automated runway,allowing night flights,is the final straw.IMO
    How right you are. I used to go there for the occasional week or weekend. (from Dunedin- not far) Spent many Christmases there or over the lake on the Earnslaw to Mt. Nicholas station where relatives managed the farm. Nowadays it's just no fun anymore. Yes, the lake and mountains haven't changed but the town itself is dreadful, perhaps not to those who weren't familiar with the old Queenstown (and Arrowtown, and Cromwell) But for this kid - no thank-you.
    Hawea - too windy.

Well, the SP continues to baffle me - how on earth it can be regarded by the market as nothing but a safe bet for the next few years is beyond me. However, I am happy to keep topping up with any weakness and continue to grown my investment in one of NZ's most well run businesses. Happy to pick up decent dividends as well. Whilst i appreciate the volatility of a cyclical stock, it is still hugely frustrating that the market continues to under value the performance of Air NZ. Oil prices will likely remain low for some time - i am not convinced it will return to $70 per barrel in the medium term which most analysts are predicting.... happy to keep accumulating and will enjoy the rollercoaster ride!

my order is in.. hope it will get filled

Agree with you Teeps, although it looks like a falling knife at the moment - keen to buy a few more but not sure of an appropriate entry point....

Quote Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
    Well, the SP continues to baffle me - how on earth it can be regarded by the market as nothing but a safe bet for the next few years is beyond me. However, I am happy to keep topping up with any weakness and continue to grown my investment in one of NZ's most well run businesses. Happy to pick up decent dividends as well. Whilst i appreciate the volatility of a cyclical stock, it is still hugely frustrating that the market continues to under value the performance of Air NZ. Oil prices will likely remain low for some time - i am not convinced it will return to $70 per barrel in the medium term which most analysts are predicting.... happy to keep accumulating and will enjoy the rollercoaster ride!
    Just wonder how much we can rely on analyst's predictions about oil price 3 years from now. 2 years ago, did any of them pick that oil would go from ~120 US a barrel to less than $30 and stay around there for nearly two years now?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robomo View Post
    Just wonder how much we can rely on analyst's predictions about oil price 3 years from now. 2 years ago, did any of them pick that oil would go from ~120 US a barrel to less than $30 and stay around there for nearly two years now?
    the thing is if AIR .NZ likes the $ 30 a barrel available at the moment they are able to hedge this price 2 years in advance now , so there will be no risk to earnings if it shoots back up in a hurry .....
    obviously if it goes lower they could be paying more than their peers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
    Well, the SP continues to baffle me
    Buy the rumour and sell the fact!

Guru

Remember not all their fuel is hedged.