sharetrader
Page 517 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 1741746750751351451551651751851952052152756761710171517 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    At least some of price since going ex has been recovered.

Back to 291 sooner than later I think.
    Not today winner, bit of weakness in price.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Lightbulb Tgif

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Not today winner, bit of weakness in price.
    Fridays often down days for AIR of late.

A good day to buy if you think it is worth the risk.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Meanwhile over at the roo tail airline the buy-back has commenced and is now in full swing
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-03-2016 at 04:21 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

• Craigs have kept AIR on their high conviction list despite it under performing the index since inclusion. A snippet why.

We expect oil prices to stay low over the medium-term. This will be anongoing tail wind for AIR. Management have locked in additional hedgingat low prices for the 1H17 period
    • Tourism markets are buoyant, and Auckland Airport is experiencing hugepassenger growth (9.3% in January). AIR are expanding, and newinternational routes are profitable on a standalone basis
    • With 80% of the domestic market, AIR will benefit from passenger growth viaother international airlines on its domestic network
    • Operationally AIR is performing well and benefiting from new fuel efficientaircraft and cost savings
    • Cargo revenue remains strong and AIR’s relationship with freight forward and exporters limit the impact of competition in this space
    • The valuation remains attractive: AIR is trading on a FY16 PE of 5.3x, or anFY17 PE of 6.1x. This is well below its long term average of 11.3x
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 11-03-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Craigs approach seems a little odd ? I don't disagree with what they're saying (and thank you for posting a brief synopsis JT), and can certainly understand them keeping it on their high conviction list, (it'll be no surprise to anyone its also on mine), but on the other hand they have dropped their target price significantly to $2.89 ? Why keep something on your high conviction list when its so close to one's 12 month SP target ? (expected final and special dividend circa 20 cps notwithstanding). Go figure ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-03-2016 at 05:28 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

They may be a well run airline,but they sure dont have much of a conscience --My wife had a ticket going to Canada in a few months time--When her Dad suddenly took a turn for the worse -they not only are charging the change of date fee ,but a whalloping extra cost of ticket as well--because its not on special any more,apparently,milking it for all its worth---Thanx guys...you really know how to build brand appreciation

Compassionate fares are only available on domestic flights ---If your father is in another country ....Tough.

Ok most airlines dont offer help any more --still a shame (had to have my rant)
    Last edited by skid; 11-03-2016 at 05:55 PM.

I am a little surprised that compassionate fares are not available on an international basis. Its seems a little incongruous to have one policy for compassionate domestic airfares and to not have these on an international basis ? Surely they don't think everyone's close family live in N.Z. ?

It is a very difficult time of life to stare down the barrel of losing one's parent and I for one think we need to balance the need to make a profit with a decent sense of humanity toward people who find themselves in genuinely unfortunate circumstances so as a corporate one is not seen to have lost one's morality of being a good corporate citizen. You have my sincere sympathy Skid and I hope your wife's father is okay.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-03-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Well said, couldn't agree more, some people's lack of empathy one can only hope often takes a sudden about turn when they are on the other side of a situation in the need for compassion

I recall back when my Mum died & family came over from Aust for funeral at short notice, that funeral director gave them a letter to give to airlines for some reduction in fares (though don't recall actual outcome )

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    They may be a well run airline,but they sure dont have much of a conscience --My wife had a ticket going to Canada in a few months time--When her Dad suddenly took a turn for the worse -they not only are charging the change of date fee ,but a whalloping extra cost of ticket as well--because its not on special any more,apparently,milking it for all its worth---Thanx guys...you really know how to build brand appreciation

Compassionate fares are only available on domestic flights ---If your father is in another country ....Tough.

Ok most airlines dont offer help any more --still a shame (had to have my rant)
    Did you have travel insurance Skid?We were booked to travel overseas last year but family member came down with terminal illness.We had paid for tickets on Kiwibank Credit Card that has travel insurance included in their policy if you pay for the travel expense on their credit card
    We provided a doctors certificate & Air NZ refunded tax componant of the tickets and Kiwibank Travel Insurance refunded tickets less $200 excess.Any help?