sharetrader
Page 548 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 4844849853854454554654754854955055155255859864810481548 ... LastLast
Results 5,471 to 5,480 of 20196

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Agree 100%. In general Chinese airlines are looking at a 50% expansion of capacity to Australia this year, (source QAN most recent half year report) so at least one of them is probably gagging to get their hands on a stake in VAH.
    Would the sale of this to a Chinese airline (or any other foreign group) require Australian government approval? I think that might make it harder for a Chinese airline to buy in to Virgin if that is the case.

Yes also saw that, surprised not mention here yet

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Would the sale of this to a Chinese airline (or any other foreign group) require Australian government approval? I think that might make it harder for a Chinese airline to buy in to Virgin if that is the case.
    Agree , don't think the Australian government would be keen.

Thanks 777. Nice to see them giving those old 767's some more work. Oil's cheap so they're clearly still economic to fly.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11617859
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-04-2016 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Add informative link to recently released N.Z. Herald article

AIR has a good day - solid increase in share price

That $3 beckons ......another couple of good days and we there
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Agree , don't think the Australian government would be keen.
    The Australian government would have to welcome such a deal.
    All part of their free trade deal with China,their biggest buyer of Australian minerals.
    Just think how it would benefit NZ relations with China,being the nice friendly people who sold them the 26% corner stone shareholding.!! lol.
    Final payback for the Australian government forcing AIR to buy Ansett...utu,!!

Yep..the market is saying pretty emphatically and with solid volume there's plenty of interest in AIR's stake in VAH and they have the highly competent First N.Z. looking after them so a very good result is certainly possible. Was only a few days ago it traded at $2.81 intraday.

AIR is more than capable of progressing its own flight path's without a stake in VAH but its good that Tony Cater has already reached agreement with VAH's chair that their mutually beneficial association including code sharing where applicable will continue. WIN- WIN... bring on the on market buy-back and special dividend.

That halo of C.L.s to make a very quick reappearance eh Winner Very pleased indeed I normalised my holding yesterday.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-04-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Yep..the market is saying pretty emphatically and with solid volume there's plenty of interest in AIR's stake in VAH and they have the highly competent First N.Z. looking after them so a very good result is certainly possible. Was only a few days ago it traded at $2.81 intraday.
    I assumed that the bump in the share price this week was more related to the new destination of Manila, rather than because of VAH. (Down on news of other airlines starting new routes. Up on news of our airline starting new routes).

The two year low in the SP of VAH is telling me that there isn't much demand for AIR's stake.

Although I admit that I've really got no idea and unfortunately we won't know anything until AIR announces who they have sold to. And we've got no idea how long that will be.

It has only been a week so far but I would be getting worried if this process were to drag on too long.

Dilettante

AIR is more than capable of progressing its own flight path's without a stake in VAH but its good that Tony Cater has already reached agreement with VAH's chair that their mutually beneficial association including code sharing where applicable will continue. WIN- WIN... bring on the on market buy-back and special dividend.

That halo of C.L.s to make a very quick reappearance eh Winner Very pleased indeed I normalised my holding yesterday.
    I did same Roger and bought back in. Am pleased to see them extracting themselves from ongoing cash contributions to VAH. But remain concerned about who gets the stake and what effect it will have on AIR's Australian operations. Surely the codesharing will be up for review with any new stakeholder.
    Any significant new stakeholder in VAH will need a Government approval and may even initiate a full takeover requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I did same Roger and bought back in. Am pleased to see them extracting themselves from ongoing cash contributions to VAH. But remain concerned about who gets the stake and what effect it will have on AIR's Australian operations. Surely the codesharing will be up for review with any new stakeholder.
    Any significant new stakeholder in VAH will need a Government approval and may even initiate a full takeover requirement.
    Welcome back on board mate. It has been reported that Tony Carter has apparently agreed with the VAH chair that the codeshare is to continue. This will be on the basis that its mutually beneficial. I wouldn't be concerned by this aspect as its common practice as you know to have alliances, code sharing, even revenue sharing ones with airlines in which you don't have an investment stake.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-04-2016 at 10:52 AM.