sharetrader
Page 561 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 6146151155155755855956056156256356456557161166110611561 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 20199

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

My 2c---just wait to make sure the oil thing doesnt reek havoc (catalyst)on the US market.
    The fact that cheap oil is good for AIR gets trumped by a market fall.

If its a storm in a tea cup you can then buy---Just looking at things atm,somehow it seems not as likely for a big jump as in other situations. (so far the Asian markets are all down) lets see how Europe and US do.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    With the smart phone in pocket work very rarely diverts me from the market but tomorrow I'm going fishing for the first time in quite a while and spot X has absolutely no mobile coverage whatsoever(Hope it's not a day of widespread carnage on the market)
    Spot X sounds ideal I had some great luck in coromandel over easter.

What are the chances of that happening.... Perhaps the distraction of the big moochers will be enough to help avoid pulling anchor and heading to a reception area for a quick look on the sly haha.

I don't do much work at present but had a situation that needed my attention, just finished now and see it lost another 2c . Will look at buying back in tomorrow with the benefit of seeing how the US goes overnight. I am not keen to get caught up in a long term position but wonder if AIR still has some good news to warrant a higher SP than $2.86 and potential for a quick turnaround.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    My 2c---just wait to make sure the oil thing doesnt reek havoc (catalyst)on the US market.
    The fact that cheap oil is good for AIR gets trumped by a market fall.

If its a storm in a tea cup you can then buy---Just looking at things atm,somehow it seems not as likely for a big jump as in other situations. (so far the Asian markets are all down) lets see how Europe and US do.
    Don't read too much into the "AIR trumped by market fall", the Crude futures gapped down on the OPEC debacle but rose all day during the NZX open, so maybe fair enough AIR got nailed as sentiment suggested Oil will shrug it off and continue upward. Actually, who knows really, but AIR got a good beating.

With high blood pressure this ain't the share for you, I prescribe you sell all your Air shares and buy Ryman.
    Aviation has always interested me, should have been a pilot but didn't have good enough eyesight. Bit like a moth drawn to the light I have to have some financial interest in this exciting and dynamic industry but recently Hoop's prolific warnings on cyclical stocks have me taking a more circumspect approach, (read less likely to get sucked into a jet intake and chewed up). Like many things, I think a balanced approach is best. Predicting the future is bloody hard work especially when it comes to AIR's SP movements.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-04-2016 at 08:34 PM.

Banned

Id be selling right about now if I was holding, your table can be cleared quickly with this stock and you may be left holding just your cutlery, speaking from experience of course.
    This post from the 7/4/16 was in response to people getting excited about the SP hitting $3 again.Lesson-When this stock offers you a meal,eat it quickly or you'll go hungry.

This post from the 7/4/16 was in response to people getting excited about the SP hitting $3 again.Lesson-When this stock offers you a meal,eat it quickly or you'll go hungry.
    Good post mate. Enjoy the fishing

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Predicting the future is bloody hard work especially when it comes to AIR's SP movements.
    So Roger . Having been a disciple on it's way up.

Where are you today ???

Buy. Sell. or Hold ???..

Disc. Never held.

Been paying a lot of brokerage janner, LOL.

Sold out from an overweight position and took good profits' when AIR advanced VAH the loan when SP in the mid $2.80's. Held on too a few for interest.
    Bought back about half of shares sold when AIR announced they wanted to sell VAH itself, a week or so later, AIR's flip-flop, not mine, (this transaction was broadly price neutral to the earlier sale but copped a small hit with brokerage each way) so got myself nicely balanced at around $2.85 (circa 9% portfolio allocation). Felt happy there.

Then it raced up a bit to $3.03 or thereabouts on speculation of a quick sale of VAH and I had a little snack selling one third of my balanced position to be slightly underweight which is where I am today, holding about 6% of my investment portfolio.

I think its a hold at this level but would look to add some weight if it falls back a bit more, say to $2.75. On the other hand if the March operating stat's due out in the next few days are highly satisfactory I might take a view that anywhere in the low- mid $2.80's is good to go back to a balanced position. As others have suggested and I tend to agree, you need to work the swings a bit with this one to try and get a satisfactory return...but its hard work. Consensus broker valuation is still $3.26.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-04-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Been paying a lot of brokerage janner, LOL.

Sold out from an overweight position and took good profits' when AIR advanced VAH the loan when SP in the mid $2.80's. Held on too a few for interest.
    Bought back about half of shares sold when AIR announced they wanted to sell VAH itself, a week or so later, AIR's flip-flop, not mine, (this transaction was broadly price neutral to the earlier sale but copped a small hit with brokerage each way) so got myself nicely balanced at around $2.85 (circa 9% portfolio allocation). Felt happy there.

Then it raced up a bit to $3.03 or thereabouts on speculation of a quick sale of VAH and I had a little snack selling one third of my balanced position to be slightly underweight which is where I am today, holding about 6% of my investment portfolio.

I think its a hold at this level but would look to add some weight if it falls back a bit more, say to $2.75. On the other hand if the March operating stat's due out in the next few days are highly satisfactory I might take a view that anywhere in the low- mid $2.80's is good to go back to a balanced position. As others have suggested and I tend to agree, you need to work the swings a bit with this one to try and get a satisfactory return...but its hard work. Consensus broker valuation is still $3.26.
    Thank you for the break down Roger..

I am sure that many here would also have appreciated it..

Disc. Still not a holder.

I sold all my share at $3. Can't wait to see below $2.8