sharetrader
Page 575 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 7547552556557157257357457557657757857958562567510751575 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,750 of 20189

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Just bought 16,000 at 2.67. I'm a sucker for a huge diividend and this one seems ridiculously huge. Still, as I found out with TTK, not all that glitters is gold.

What are the chances of a special dividend this year. I see one was paid in 2014.
    staggered buying, not convinced SP has bottomed out, this time appears different. On this swing has paid for my holiday and more

Advanced Member

How much technical damage has been done from the recent drop in SP ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    The CEO's name is Luxon.
    Whoops.. Luxon--(Whatever his name,he certainly timed his share selling right)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    How much technical damage has been done from the recent drop in SP ?
    Pretty much the whole market is getting hammered, I don't see the drop as Air specific, just a correction in general to a prior rampant market.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    What are the chances of a special dividend this year. I see one was paid in 2014.
    Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Pretty much the whole market is getting hammered, I don't see the drop as Air specific, just a correction in general to a prior rampant market.
    AIR down ~13-14% whilst NZX down ~2%. The two are not/have not been strongly correlated.

The breaking of major trendlines and technicals scream extreme caution required. It suggests a test of the primary trend line in the 240-250 region may play out. Breaks of major technicals require confirmed reversals before re-entry, and tight stops.

Keep your fingers attached folks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    AIR down ~13-14% whilst NZX down ~2%. The two are not/have not been strongly correlated.

The breaking of major trendlines and technicals scream extreme caution required. It suggests a test of the primary trend line in the 240-250 region may play out. Breaks of major technicals require confirmed reversals before re-entry, and tight stops.

Keep your fingers attached folks.
    Fair enough although other stocks like AIA have also taken a good thumping of late. For those already holding I reckon they should just sit tight, the price will be back to around $3 before the next divvy, don't lose your hide unecessarily.

Let us not forget when AIR last was a hugely successful airline the share price trebled and reached $16.61 (ft.com says adjusted for all splits etc so I believe them)

It is once again a hugely successful airline
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Today, it dropped by more than 2.40% on a volume of more than average volume. What is the main reason for this?

https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AIR.NZ

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by MARKETWINNER View Post
    Today, it dropped by more than 2.40% on a volume of more than average volume. What is the main reason for this?

https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AIR.NZ
    Smart money is exiting (has exited)? Some nice capital profits been had by the nimble, whereas the die hard divi takers holding and some even buying the declining SP despite common logic not to buy a downtrend. Who knows where it could end? Has nothing to do with fundamentals, that's becoming obvious. Follow the money.