sharetrader
Page 583 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 8348353357357958058158258358458558658759363368310831583 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 20194

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    It happens at the start and finish of the market - it includes buys and sells like stop loss ect. Wait til 10 am to see the buy/sell values.
    Thanks workingdad

It seems to me that the share price drop correlates to the increase in oil prices.

Looking at a trip to Las Vegas in July for 2 pax, (not for reasons some on here might imagine). American Airlines flying their new Dreamliner $1221 return, AIR N.Z. is roughly $2,000 return.
    Anyone reading this at the company is welcome to PM me and price match and I'd also like an upgrade to PE for all my efforts on here for the airline...otherwise as I have a hankering to try out the new technology in the Dreamliner...no prizes for guessing which airline we'll be flying. Plenty of room in my PM box, I await with interest. Maybe this sort of game changing competition to LA and beyond explains some of the SP drop, (acknowledging that this is basically a launch special deal by AA to kick start their service so their pricing at this level won't last forever)
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-04-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kiwichick View Post
    It seems to me that the share price drop correlates to the increase in oil prices.
    Possibly, but the reliabilty of any such inference is fundamentally compromised without properly accounting for the dozens of other factors that are likely to be at work.

Statistical inference is difficult like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Looking at a trip to Las Vegas in July for 2 pax, (not for reasons some on here might imagine). American Airlines flying their new Dreamliner $1221 return, AIR N.Z. is roughly $2,000 return.
    Anyone reading this at the company is welcome to PM me and price match and I'd also like an upgrade to PE for all my efforts on here for the airline...otherwise as I have a hankering to try out the new technology in the Dreamliner...no prizes for guessing which airline we'll be flying. Plenty of room in my PM box, I await with interest. Maybe this sort of game changing competition to LA and beyond explains some of the SP drop, (acknowledging that this is basically a launch special deal by AA to kick start their service so their pricing at this level won't last forever)
    Now that I'm a shareholder I'd add: my Qantas fare to Tokyo is $1341 return. AIR was $2200.

Competition is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Now that I'm a shareholder I'd add: my Qantas fare to Tokyo is $1341 return. AIR was $2200.

Competition is brutal.
    Hilary would still be flying AIR though
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

We've booked to HNL on the 787-9 in May, so I'm looking forward to this. I've also made some business bookings to LA and SFO on an unadvertised special that was around the same price as AA's special.

AirNZ do price match the airlines, but don't always advertise it. You can usually find them by doing a dummy booking for the same dates on the main website, or the seats will appear through grabaseat.

Keeping an eye on grabaseat for sure Zaphod. They had a short window return to South America special today for $698 return...would have been nice if that's where we wanted to go. Looking forward to seeing that price on a LA return flight on their grabaseat deals soon. We will hold off booking AA for a week or two in the hope we can support our own airline instead.
    Enjoy your flight to HNL !

Missed Hilary this morning. She's good at keeping that other cheeky rascal in check isn't she.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-04-2016 at 11:23 AM.

Interesting broker comment on Qantas

Qantas Capacity Management Questioned by Morgan Stanley -- Market Talk

Posted on 22 April 2016 11:55 | Dow Jones Institutional News
    2355 GMT - Morgan Stanley takes a second look at Qantas Airways' (QAN.AU) recently released third-quarter performance, and determines it was poor capacity management and not demand that was the main driver of weakness in the period. It argues the weak domestic demand picture implicit in the sharp sell-off in Qantas shares doesn't reconcile with an otherwise reasonable retail and consumer environment, so suspects poor capacity management by the airline. That said, the brokerage says the sell-off looks overdone and nothing appears structurally broken at Qantas. And with excess capacity now exiting the market, the airline's fourth quarter could surprise positively. (robb.stewart@wsj.com; Twitter: @RobbMStewart)
    (END) Dow Jones Newswires
    April 21, 2016 19:55 ET (23:55 GMT)

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Interesting broker comment on Qantas

Qantas Capacity Management Questioned by Morgan Stanley -- Market Talk

Posted on 22 April 2016 11:55 | Dow Jones Institutional News
    2355 GMT - Morgan Stanley takes a second look at Qantas Airways' (QAN.AU) recently released third-quarter performance, and determines it was poor capacity management and not demand that was the main driver of weakness in the period. It argues the weak domestic demand picture implicit in the sharp sell-off in Qantas shares doesn't reconcile with an otherwise reasonable retail and consumer environment, so suspects poor capacity management by the airline. That said, the brokerage says the sell-off looks overdone and nothing appears structurally broken at Qantas. And with excess capacity now exiting the market, the airline's fourth quarter could surprise positively. (robb.stewart@wsj.com; Twitter: @RobbMStewart)
    (END) Dow Jones Newswires
    April 21, 2016 19:55 ET (23:55 GMT)
    That view is supported by sound load factors at AIR. Travel has NEVER been cheaper in real terms so people, (including myself) are doing more of it. Demand is not the issue, some airlines inability to manage their capacity is more likely the culprit. AIR have a superb record of matching demand and capacity as demonstrated by average load factors in recent years being consistently well above 80%.