sharetrader
Page 586 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 8648653657658258358458558658758858959059663668610861586 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Anyone looking for a parachute at $2.70 will be disappointed for sure. The devil is always in the detail and anyone looking to jump will find there's a fail safe clause that means said parachute will not activate in circumstances where "insert whatever cover their backside clause you think these people will have inserted".
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-04-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The problem is too many Auckland shareholders drive up to AIR's agms in Mercedes Benz S types.The management and staff of AIR want the same sort of cars,so they sell their "free" shares to get them.
    Wise investors in Christchurch drive their Suzuki Swifts and Toyota Corollas to agms.!!!!...lol.
    At least some of us know how to enjoy our money...what's the point in having it otherwise

A client of mine swears his current model Audi S8 saved his life in a severe car accident. Reckons if he'd been driving a clapped out second hand Japanese import like some strange wealthy people do he'd be dead. Go figure the opportunity cost on that one. Maybe senior AIR management know the value of a decent car and who could blame them for that...can't drive those silly electric ones the company gives them very far on the weekend...won't even make it to their beachfront property at Pauanui
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-04-2016 at 04:21 PM.

What the hell happened today? Missed all the action whilst flying about - in Air NZ of course.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    What the hell happened today? Missed all the action whilst flying about - in Air NZ of course.
    Still riding down the steep section of the roller coaster track...

Guru

In answer to your first question --'it keeps my mattress nice and soft ,therefore I sleep well at night''

I seem to remember Warren Buffet lives a very modest life.(but Im sure he has air bags in his car)

Its interesting how everything has its own perspective--this SP range didnt seem so bad last Sept.

Edit--Dang you've got to be quick around here (that was in response to Rogers post)
    Last edited by skid; 29-04-2016 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    In answer to your first question --'it keeps my mattress nice and soft ,therefore I sleep well at night''

I seem to remember Warren Buffet lives a very modest life.(but Im sure he has air bags in his car)

Its interesting how everything has its own perspective--this SP range didnt seem so bad last Sept.

Edit--Dang you've got to be quick around here (that was in response to Rogers post)
    Yeah it was $2.50 at the start of the annual meeting. Pleased I let some go at $3.03.

Banned

A little lesson from Couta from the bad old days of Chorus. I lost 100k by selling out at the time amongst all the panic and turmoil, now if I had just held those shares to this day I would be 110k in profit now. End of lesson, have a nice weekend.

Going to have a couple or more of single malts tonight.

I've had a lesson this week and I think this fickle paychophrenic market and I are going to part company for a while until I see the anti psych meds kicking in. AIR is shedding 20% of its value in a week without any justifiable cause and panic selling seems to rule the roost.

I'm looking for a confirmed bottom and will then rebalance to my maximum self imposed limit of 10% portfolio allocation. No panic here, just disappointment but tempered with the knowledge that I will be rebalancing soon with some more "very cheap' AIR shares and said dividends from same will add nicely to my Switzerland travel fund, (already covered the Vegas trip from the last dividend)
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-04-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A little lesson from Couta from the bad old days of Chorus. I lost 100k by selling out at the time amongst all the panic and turmoil, now if I had just held those shares to this day I would be 110k in profit now. End of lesson, have a nice weekend.
    In the olden days 2007, I bought TPI for about $10 and watched like a stunned possum as it fell all the way down to about $2, today it trades at $0.80. It wasn't a big parcel but one of the best lessons I ever learned. The lesson there is they don't always come back. I hope Air NZ can find a footing around here... It doesn't look right now like it could become a shocker of an investment but things can change quickly. Have a cool weekend also.