sharetrader
Page 590 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 9049054058058658758858959059159259359460064069010901590 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 20190

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I think these managers selling is just noise - it has had no impact on the share price

thats how i see it anyway
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think these managers selling is just noise - it has had no impact on the share price

thats how i see it anyway
    Really? Noise or not, I agree with Roger that it's one of the contributory factors causing the shareprice weakness. I don't think it's realistic to expect executives to refrain from selling - within the allowable window - on the grounds that it may affect the shareprice. Shareholders should be aware of the possibility of this; after all, executive share schemes are a common feature of executive remuneration these days. Trading on insider knowledge is a different matter of course.

The "noise", if it exists, should die down quickly. On the other hand.......

Guru

I know that the execs selling their shares has been a bitter pill to swallow for some shareholders. However spare a thought for passengers http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11631378
    There is a good reason why flight crew have different meals. It could still turn out to be bad airport food....
    Last edited by Bjauck; 30-04-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I know that the execs selling their shares has been a bitter pill to swallow for some shareholders. However spare a thought for passengers http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11631378
    There is a good reason why flight crew have different meals. It could still turn out to be bad airport food....
    Passenger X vomiting at airport prior to boarding - doubt it has anything to do with the airport or airline for that matter.

Banned

The brokers consensus low target of $2.89 seems a bit meaningless right now, so looks like the high target of $3.45 has more substance to it, so we'll settle for that aye

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Passenger X vomiting at airport prior to boarding - doubt it has anything to do with the airport or airline for that matter.
    According to the Herald story: five sick passengers and one crew member were assessed by St John ambulance with two being taken to Middlemore Hospital. Precautionary assessments probably...and as you say the vomiting passenger sounds like he became ill prior to boarding the plane in Singapore.

Stuff pulled no punches with its headline trying to be the first with a medical diagnosis: Air New Zealand passengers taken to hospital after food poisoning lock down http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel...ning-lock-down

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    According to the Herald story: five sick passengers and one crew member were assessed by St John ambulance with two being taken to Middlemore Hospital. Precautionary assessments probably...and as you say the vomiting passenger sounds like he became ill prior to boarding the plane in Singapore.

Stuff pulled no punches with its headline trying to be the first with a medical diagnosis: Air New Zealand passengers taken to hospital after food poisoning lock down http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel...ning-lock-down
    This is just a human interest story--It has nothing to do with the running of the airline or its service Imo,esp. since it was coming from Singapore--i think this is more in the s--t happens category.

with the exception .i guess,of not keeping passengers more informed when delayed on the runway.
    Last edited by skid; 01-05-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Reading the posts here over the past week, it seems to be a series of people trying to catch a falling knife. Something that I learnt not to do after I started reading ST (but often struggle to do).

I finally decided to do a bit of analysis on the operating stats. I have been expecting that AIR might reach the top of its rise at some point so thought I should understand the data that AIR publishes every month.

I threw the operating stats for the past three years into a spreadsheet and tried to understand them. I hadn’t thought too much about the drop in short-haul yield from -0.2% to -1.2%... then I read that this is the change in financial YTD yield compared with the same period in the previous year. Not just monthly change in yield but financial YTD change. Hmmm. 9 months into the financial year, a small change in YTD yield could lead to a big change in monthly yield.

A little bit of analysis showed me that domestic yield for March was 7.6% lower than March 2015, Tasman yield was down 9.3% and long-haul down 0.3%. This is yield falling off a cliff.

Obviously there is a large potential for this to be inaccurate since I’m inferring a lot from very little information and I’m not even 100% sure what all the terms that AIR use actually mean. But this a significantly larger drop in yield than in the past 3 years.

This is a bit of a concern and could have something to do with the latest drop in SP. Airlines operate on pretty thin margins and a drop in yield of this size (if I'm correct) is potentially a big problem, even with the low oil price.

Default I think we have the answer for the downdraft in share price.

A little bit of analysis showed mikey that domestic yield for March was 7.6% lower than March 2015, Tasman yield was down 9.3% and long-haul down 0.3%. This is yield falling off a cliff.

Good post mikey.
    Last edited by forest; 01-05-2016 at 01:26 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    A little bit of analysis showed mikey that domestic yield for March was 7.6% lower than March 2015, Tasman yield was down 9.3% and long-haul down 0.3%. This is yield falling off a cliff.

Good post mikey.
    Add to this the fact Easter fell in March this year,and you can understand there appears to be a problem.