sharetrader
Page 598 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 9849854858859459559659759859960060160260864869810981598 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 20199

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Meanwhile is 100,000 shares big enough to be management?
    Yeah I saw that too after watching things closely today. Didn't impact on SP as much as I would have thought though so plenty of buyers around the 2.50 mark got mopped up when it was dropped.

Quite a few other packets dropped of some substance throughout the afternoon as well, I was going to do something additional with AIR today to negate some of the losses last week but a bit hesitant without seeing how it holds for a couple of days.

Banned

WD that 100K was an off market sale so had no effect on market, so didn't mop up any buyers

Wondering if I might get back in, sold close to $3....might buy again for the yield.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I think there's a far far too much volume in this sell off to attribute it to the sheeple, the flock cannot muster anywhere near enough shares (or cognisance) to account for the volume sold. This is big smart money aggressively taking profits, for whatever reasons, selling to the knife catchers, who one might argue are the sheeple.

BAA
    Going back up on volume. So are the buyers 'smart money' or the sellers 'smart money' today?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    WD that 100K was an off market sale so had no effect on market, so didn't mop up any buyers
    Looking again at it now, share price dropped 2c when it happened so coincidental I guess. I was watching it closely as it was dropping from holding around the 2.55 mark most of the morning to 2.50, I was looking at buying more and noticed the sudden change in volume between refreshing data and decided to sit back for a bit more so there was a change in SP at the time.
    Last edited by workingdad; 02-05-2016 at 05:07 PM.

Guru

Well...My ''gutometer'' says the worst is behind us. I could be wrong but with all my posts i guess i should be a participant.
    Ive still got a bad feeling about the market in general,and Im not one to be a member of the ''high five club'',but this has been a relatively healthy correction so im in @151.5 (I only wish they would give a discount on air tickets

A relatively modest parcel by some of your standards
    Last edited by skid; 02-05-2016 at 04:47 PM.

Guru

@151.5. Another edit coming up me thinks.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    @151.5. Another edit coming up me thinks.
    Ha Ha your right 77.....I mean 777---Ill let it sit for awhile just to keep the others amused

Spose after buying I should have said 351.5
    Last edited by skid; 02-05-2016 at 05:18 PM.

Default The plot thickens...

Anyone notice that VAH announced a third quarter loss today and expectations of a profit for the year which at mid point of $45m implies a loss in Q4 too ?
    Can't help wondering who knew late last week that VAH's shocking Q3 result and outlook announcement was coming...surely there's no leaks in the investment banking team at First N.Z assisting AIR with their disposal of the VAH stake ?
    Looks to me like insiders were selling last week which paints a dim view of management selling doesn't it ! Maybe the market isn't quite so irrational after all. If VAH can't make money in the current low oil price environment then what's AIR's stake worth and is that 12 month short term loan they made even recoverable ?

Just as well with C.L.'s resignation from the board AIR don't have to consolidate VAH's financial's anymore. Very pleased AIR won't be supporting Ansett Mk2 anymore, opps sorry meant Virgin Australia
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-05-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Just as well with C.L.'s resignation from the board AIR don't have to consolidate VAH's financial's anymore. (Roger)

Convenient eh and good timing ...hmmm
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”