sharetrader
Page 634 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 13453458462463063163263363463563663763864468473411341634 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,340 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    [snip] One could also ponder if AIR's senior management knew the company was looking to settle this freight case in mediation in America at the time they sold their shares [end snip]
    Precisely. What else don't shareholder know?

Banned

Yes Baa with a market cap of around 2.7 billion,I'm quite aware they couldn't pay it.

IMO

Sounds like happy juice euphoria from the poster couta who is singing "The only way is up". I hope its not a suckers rally and recovery is not far away. Holding since my margin of safety entry of low $2.40's ,some time ago unfort, opportunities lost..
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 11-05-2016 at 11:02 PM.

I believe, RR are having to repair their 787 engines under warranty, this may hinder the 787 certification for extended diversion twin operation into EZE.

The problem with having different seat configs on a fleet, is the headache in scheduling and marketing, specific airframes to specific destinations. Synergies' are lost.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTFQ View Post
    I believe, RR are having to repair their 787 engines under warranty, this may hinder the 787 certification for extended diversion twin operation into EZE.

The problem with having different seat configs on a fleet, is the headache in scheduling and marketing, specific airframes to specific destinations. Synergies' are lost.
    If that was the case then they would not have announced the change.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes Baa with a market cap of around 2.7 billion,I'm quite aware they couldn't pay it.
    Thats absolutely right Coutts--do you realize what a close call that was--a potential penalty 3 times the company value? and your wondering why the backlash from brushing this off as a ''nothing to see here-no news'' folks.
    Guilty or not,they got swept up in the mess as a participant,whether they knew or not.
    They may not of instigated it but one has to wonder if their management ,looked the other way.
    This would have been the ''Pike river'' economically speaking.
    They may still keep their part of VAH as well ,according to the article,nothing is certain.

PS-think about this,next time you hear JK or anyone trumpeting the value of the free trade agreement ,with its multitude of strings attached.
    Last edited by skid; 12-05-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by B747-419 View Post
    The only good thing in that article is the photo!!
    Very well said. Long may it last that a 747-400 is the archive photo used for aviation related articles.
    Last edited by biker; 12-05-2016 at 10:01 AM.

One alternative could be for Air NZ to sell 20 per cent of its stake, leaving it with a 6 per cent shareholding.
    This a good thing that was in that article. Seen this on NBR too. One way for AIR to structure a sale of VAH is to sell 19.9% to a new shareholder which wouldn't require Canberra's consent. Other airline shareholders have creep provisions which enable them to buy up to 3% extra so AIR could sell its remaining 6% stake to its existing partners. Horribly inefficient those 747's. I reckon all future photo's in press articles should be of the new all black Dreamliner which is a truly beautiful piece of engineering and design.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-05-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    This a good thing that was in that article. Seen this on NBR too. One way for AIR to structure a sale of VAH is to sell 19.9% to a new shareholder which wouldn't require Canberra's consent. Other airline shareholders have creep provisions which enable them to buy up to 3% extra so AIR could sell its remaining 6% stake to its existing partners. Horribly inefficient those 747's. I reckon all future photo's in press articles should be of the new all black Dreamliner which is a truly beautiful piece of engineering and design.
    I noticed ours (to BKK) is an A300--im not sure how efficient they are but i really love the ''2 seats by the window''set up --so much better than 3.
    It will be interesting to someday fly in one of the 2 new ones

I don't see many posts on here that look at Fibonacci numbers but what the heck, with so many other theories out there, why not throw this in the mix.

Yesterday was the 21st trading day since the recent highs so potential for today to provide a rebound. It doesn't look like a rebound will happen today so on the daily chart, the next day could be day 34 which means more short term pain.

Alternatively, a lower close this week will be 5 consecutive weeks of price falling. So there could be potential for a rebound next week, if not, lets look towards day 34 being the next low or week 8 being the time for a rebound.

Now some of you may see this as tea leave stuff but what you don't realise is that the koru on the air new zealand emblem is an illustration of fibonacci numbers expanding. Coincidence you say... hmmm I'm not sure.