sharetrader
Page 635 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 13553558562563163263363463563663763863964568573511351635 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

its a shame that the predictive power of TA is generally so low, otherwise I might have actually read your post!

I sold out circa 2.39 yesterday. Gave back the market a fair chunk of my gains this year and licking my wounds a bit.

I hung in there for as long as I could but when bourbon doesn't soothe the mind I had to do what felt right at the time - guess that makes me a weak holder and another shaken lose.

I still have thoughts of AIR being worth a lot more than what it is trading at but the sentiment just isn't there and I took a chance thinking it wasn't a strong recovery. My intention is to try to pick the bottom better this time and perhaps even recover the loss but at least I am avoiding losing any more in the meantime which judging by today has been a reasonable call but only time will tell if it is sustained. Either way I can come back in on the way back up and still be better off if its below the 2.39 level.

Re the email to investor relations I got a reply saying they will get back to me as the person has been out of the office.
    Last edited by workingdad; 12-05-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Guru

if you want to do the glass half full--This is fabulous compared to what could have happened with the price fixing problem.

You are not alone WD--theres a whole crowd of us--its just a matter of degrees

Ahh well, I'm just going to sit on my holding for the next couple of years. Decent dividends coming my way, I'll ride it out.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    if you want to do the glass half full--This is fabulous compared to what could have happened with the price fixing problem.
    It was never going to be $8billion!

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    It was never going to be $8billion!
    Could've been a whole lot more though (than what they paid $52ml)...

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    I sold out circa 2.39 yesterday. Gave back the market a fair chunk of my gains this year and licking my wounds a bit.
    I feel your pain WD and everyone must follow their own strategy - so nothing wrong with what you've done as it's your decision.

Here's how I'm approaching it. I have about 8-10 years before I need any of the money I've invested in shares - possibly longer - so while I don't like seeing the price so low - I'm not losing sleep.

There's a couple of Buffet quotes I use as guiding principles:

"Rule No.1 - Never lose money
    Rule No.2 - Don't forget Rule No.1
    "

The other is:
    "Unless you can watch your stock holdings decline by 50% without becoming panic-stricken, you should not be in the stock market."

So, for me - as long as my timeframe permits and those 2 principles hold true - I'm holding and possibly accumulating once there's a change in direction. And there's also the dividends....

All the best to you.
    Last edited by Mickey; 12-05-2016 at 03:59 PM.

looks AIR a bit oversold now, I will take a risk by buying a small parcel (not for long term holding though )

As much as I hate to mention this term....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two Gloves View Post
    Good news, the bottom has been found and now its up, up and away! (fingers and everything else crossed as I am now 0.5 of a cent in profit excl brokerage lol)
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by mayday View Post
    looks AIR a bit oversold now, I will take a risk by buying a small parcel (not for long term holding though )
    I think there will be a bounce but not sure how long it will hold. Just on closing some large orders being placed with some big aftermarket trades going through around 2.295/2.30.

Perhaps this 2.27 support level is going to be hard to break through.

Monthly operating stats out next week maybe which could be good for AIR.
    Last edited by workingdad; 12-05-2016 at 05:32 PM.