sharetrader
Page 648 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 14854859863864464564664764864965065165265869874811481648 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 20193

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick earlier, suggest we all move on and get back to debating the company and its merits. I am busy today preparing for my discussion with T.C. I am presently leaning towards continuing the debate afterwards with their general counsel who is probably best placed to understand the intricate nuances of this matter has written what I consider to be an excellent Securities Trading and Disclosure policy statement for staff that runs to 13 pages. SIGH...We just need them to stick to it.

The debate will centre on whether the information contained within the investor day briefing was material or not and whether senior management knew when they were selling that the company was in the process of settling the freight dispute. Should there be a black out period shortly before the presentation of future investor day briefings ?...that is the $64,000 question. None of you will be surprised that I have a very firm view on this
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-05-2016 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well OG is entitled to his opinion like anybody else, and actually I agree with it.
    Sure I agree he is, I just don't see the point of expressing it. JT posted contrary opinions at a time when this thread appeared quite unbalance in promoting the upside of AIR and his view was worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Sure I agree he is, I just don't see the point of expressing it. JT posted contrary opinions at a time when this thread appeared quite unbalance in promoting the upside of AIR and his view was worth considering.
    I think it will probably pay for everyone to read the "Announcement" from STMOD at the top of the NZX forum. He says he's mostly harmless but, having had reprimand from him myself a while back, I'm not so sure about that.

Nothing wrong with opinions - we just need to keep personalities out of the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Nothing wrong with opinions - we just need to keep personalities out of the mix.
    Agreed, my opinion is that AIR is probably ripe for a rebound if you are a trader and is in the wrong part of its cycle for a buy-and-hold

Banned

Agreed, my opinion is that AIR is probably ripe for a rebound if you are a trader and is in the wrong part of its cycle for a buy-and-hold
    Unless you have already bought as a hold a while back(At a higher price), in which case it doesn't matter what part of the cycle we are currently in, you just hold, and why not buy in now as a hold at these bargin prices?
    Last edited by couta1; 19-05-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Yeah, I caught the falling knife far too early, sold out my holding at over $3, bought back in at $2.70, ouch. If I had funds available I would probably top up. Just gonna hold this one out I guess, can't afford to make a loss.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Yeah, I caught the falling knife far too early, sold out my holding at over $3, bought back in at $2.70, ouch. If I had funds available I would probably top up. Just gonna hold this one out I guess, can't afford to make a loss.
    $2.75 for me, agree on the topping up, you don't need to make a loss, just sit tight and collect the divvy.

Biscuit, as I am quite new to actively investing in shares and still have a lot to learn, could you please explain why you think AIR is not suitable for buy-and-hold at the moment?

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick earlier, suggest we all move on and get back to debating the company and its merits. I am busy today preparing for my discussion with T.C. I am presently leaning towards continuing the debate afterwards with their general counsel who is probably best placed to understand the intricate nuances of this matter has written what I consider to be an excellent Securities Trading and Disclosure policy statement for staff that runs to 13 pages. SIGH...We just need them to stick to it.

The debate will centre on whether the information contained within the investor day briefing was material or not and whether senior management knew when they were selling that the company was in the process of settling the freight dispute. Should there be a black out period shortly before the presentation of future investor day briefings ?...that is the $64,000 question. None of you will be surprised that I have a very firm view on this
    Awesome Roger; stick it to them.

I bought in around $1.20 and sold about half around $2.70 odd. I still hold the other half and am unlikely to sell this time around as its a well run company that I use quite a bit, making heaps of money in an area that is still growing. I personally wouldn't buy now as I prefer to buy when sentiment is clearly negative with a reasonable chance of changing to the positive. As I've said before on this thread when the sp was well positioned around $3, airlines generally are unprofitable and when airlines are profitable they expand and when the next contraction occurs in the market they are squeezed. They are cyclical companies. Once the talk is about big profits in the industry, its time to reach for your parachute. That's just my view, don't take my advice as I am often wrong.