sharetrader
Page 650 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 15055060064064664764864965065165265365466070075011501650 ... LastLast
Results 6,491 to 6,500 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Veteran novice

Time to re-name that department - "BIG Investor relations"!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation On travelling from A to L and back

Here is something that continually baffles me.

E.g. Auckland to London 15-Jun-16, return 29-Jun-16 (but the results are typical of most dates).

Cheapest options:
    via Air New Zealand website:
    out AIR/Cathay $1,393 (26h 20m)
    rtn Virgin/Cathay $1,640 (26h 30m)
    Total $3,033.00

(1 stop Hong Kong both ways)

via Lufthansa website:
    out Cathay/Luft/Luft $992.87 (28h 55m)
    rtn Luft/Luft/AIR $1350.50 (29h 20m)
    Total $2,342.97

(2 stop Frankfurt/Hong Kong both ways)

Both AIR & Lufthansa are both Star Alliance (whilst Virgin & Cathay are not)

Not only but also.
    There are also pure Cathay/AIR options which are more than $500 cheaper if booked via Cathay than AIR.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

E.g. Auckland to London 15-Jun-16, return 29-Jun-16 (but the results are typical of most dates).

Cheapest options:
    Total $3,033.00

via Lufthansa website:
    Total $2,342.97

Not only but also.
    There are also pure Cathay/AIR options which are more than $500 cheaper if booked via Cathay than AIR.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Here's another good one.

SYD-AKL 20/November 945am, 1030am 650pm all $377 the works on air nz website but on Virgin Australia theyre $278 AUD. Cant tell me the currency conversions are to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by WingingIt View Post
    Here's another good one.

SYD-AKL 20/November 945am, 1030am 650pm all $377 the works on air nz website but on Virgin Australia theyre $278 AUD. Cant tell me the currency conversions are to blame.
    Wanted to try AA via AkL - LAX currently with the 787. Found cheaper by 700$ to book via Qantas than AA for same flight last week....

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Subsequently had it confirmed to me by investor relations that investor days are for institutions and analysts...that explains why even large retail holders like my friend Couta1 didn't get an invite. They feel the annual meeting is the appropriate venue for retail holders with the full board present and extended time for Q & A. Time for a Tui...I would have thought all the top 100 shareholders should get an invite i.e. anyone with over 100,000 shares.
    I sympathise with companies which want to confine the audience at investor days to people who are sophisticated in financial matters. I've attended AGMs where the questions from the floor from "ordinary punters" were so basic, or obsessed, it was excruciating all round. With the technology today it should be required of listed companies that they post unedited video proceedings at investor days on their websites, so that the great unwashed can see what went on and be assured of disclosure for all. With the media in general having lost the capacity and inclination to present significant reports on corporate going-ons, this is one way in which current and potential shareholders can at least get the news, and see the spin, from listed companies and so be better assured of continuous disclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I bought in around $1.20 and sold about half around $2.70 odd. I still hold the other half and am unlikely to sell this time around as its a well run company that I use quite a bit, making heaps of money in an area that is still growing. I personally wouldn't buy now as I prefer to buy when sentiment is clearly negative with a reasonable chance of changing to the positive. As I've said before on this thread when the sp was well positioned around $3, airlines generally are unprofitable and when airlines are profitable they expand and when the next contraction occurs in the market they are squeezed. They are cyclical companies. Once the talk is about big profits in the industry, its time to reach for your parachute. That's just my view, don't take my advice as I am often wrong.
    I just can't this chart out of my mind, esp if you extend the red line down to $1.50 odd

It says everything that Hoop has said about 'cyclicals' - esp airlines

The sage advice from my new friend I met in Queenstown the other say says "winner, airline stocks can be very rewarding but only buy at the bottom of the inevitable cycle and never never buy near the top" (short term trading doesn't count)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 19-05-2016 at 07:01 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

Cheapest options:
    Total $3,033.00

via Lufthansa website:
    Total $2,342.97

Not only but also.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Code share or alliance partners are free to set their own prices.

Air NZ's higher prices show the power of their marketing muscle in NZ vs other airlines.

The situation is reversed Singapore to Auckland. Air NZ sells seats on Singapore Airlines flights at up to 50% less than Singapore Airlines does.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation Fly AIR but book Elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Code share or alliance partners are free to set their own prices.

Air NZ's higher prices show the power of their marketing muscle in NZ vs other airlines.

The situation is reversed Singapore to Auckland. Air NZ sells seats on Singapore Airlines flights at up to 50% less than Singapore Airlines does.
    So: Auckland - Singapore 15-Jun-16, return 29-Jun-16.

AIR out, AIR back:
    AIR price $1658.00, SingAir price $1,556.69

SingAir out, SingAir back:
    Air price $2,208.00, SingAir price $2,356.69

Daft I call it.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Under Surveillance View Post
    I sympathise with companies which want to confine the audience at investor days to people who are sophisticated in financial matters. I've attended AGMs where the questions from the floor from "ordinary punters" were so basic, or obsessed, it was excruciating all round. With the technology today it should be required of listed companies that they post unedited video proceedings at investor days on their websites, so that the great unwashed can see what went on and be assured of disclosure for all. With the media in general having lost the capacity and inclination to present significant reports on corporate going-ons, this is one way in which current and potential shareholders can at least get the news, and see the spin, from listed companies and so be better assured of continuous disclosure.
    In totally agreement.
    At one agm I went to about 4 years ago the Chairman pointed out that the questioner was at the wrong meeting.!!
    Offcourse the news media only reported what the questioner said.
    What I have found good value is attending company presentations our local brokers have organised.The presenters either CEO or CFO really go out of their way to answer your questions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
    wow, scolded by the mods for one very minor remark. Time to delete again.

Bye.
    Hope you'll be back OG, we need more like you on here not less, but I could understand why if you decided not to.