sharetrader
Page 653 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 15355360364364965065165265365465565665766370375311531653 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,530 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A lot of falling going on across the board at the moment, no single reason but those sitting on a cash pile must be having joyful bursts tossing up what they are going to buy.
    Well no fun getting no return on cash, handy for liquidity...hard to know when to buy in again to be honest:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Well no fun getting no return on cash, handy for liquidity...hard to know when to buy in again to be honest:-)
    KW had pretty sage advice regarding when to buy at the start of this thread: http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ries-and-exits

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    KW had pretty sage advice regarding when to buy at the start of this thread: http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ries-and-exits
    It is good advice however looking at TA on AIR currently is not encouraging from my reading. Regardless of the FA.

I would suggest FA doesn't work that well selecting shares currently on the NZX given current values...ho hum.

Default Some hard facts we can chew on

Monthly operating stat's looked satisfactory, a little down on last year but nothing disconcerting.

Fuel Hedging disclosure looks very attractive as they have locked in really low rates for this quarter and next and are well over $20m in the money with fuel hedging as at 13 May.

Yields continue to hold up well in the context of very low fuel prices and increased competition.

Nothing in the latest operating stat's or fuel price hedging disclosure to explain the dramatic SP correction.

Negative sentiment and uncertainty rules the roost while the VAH matter hangs in limbo and this appears to be badly exacerbated by fear of new competition. Opportunity knocks ? for the brave and hardy souls who are prepared to buy against what I admit are absolutely terrible looking technical indicators. Current year PE now only 3.9 at an unprecedented all time ? low. (Qan 5.8))...I must be getting double vision here...I thought it was QAN that was pulling back on capacity growth because of slackening demand and yet they are currently trading at a considerable PE premium to AIR...go figure ?????

(Disc doubled my holding yesterday, not to be considered professional advice, DYOR)
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-05-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Guru

Been on 5 AIR domestic flights in the last 2 days - not more than a dozen empty seats in total.

They'll also start to smash it in/out of Qtown once night flights start next week.

I bought a few more today to bring my average to $2.44. Like a few others I thought I'd done well only a week or so back buying at 2.58..... Just glad I sold 1/2 my holding (albeit small) at 3.02. Rather unhappy I didn't sell 100% then!

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A lot of falling going on across the board at the moment, no single reason but those sitting on a cash pile must be having joyful bursts tossing up what they are going to buy.
    The NZX50 is approx 1% from its record.. so no, not really.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Lightbulb Really Hard Facts

Fuel Hedging Announcements provide great insights for those of you who think that spreadsheets can be fun, and here are a couple of highlights for you:

FY17 Estimated Fuel Consumption is about 6.6% greater than FY16 (c.f. FY16 to FY15 was about 7.6% greater).

Whereas this time last year (Final Quarter of FY15), AIR had only hedged about 23% (1H 44% / 2H 2%) of their fuel estimates for the FY16 year,
    Now, as we approach the end of FY16, they have already hedged 50% (1H 83% / 2H 22%) of FY17's estimated fuel.

I wonder how their currency hedging is going?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS The hedge Brent but burn Jet Fuel
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 20-05-2016 at 11:33 PM. Reason: one or two minor syntactic discrepancies
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    The NZX50 is approx 1% from its record.. so no, not really.
    That may be so but there are many shares such as Air/NZR/A2/HBL to name but a few that are up to 40% off their highs.
    Last edited by couta1; 21-05-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Default Crown's AIR investment pays off

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11642546

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/air-nz-...mates-b-189318

Can't help wondering how much they've got from all the tax paid by AIR employees over the years and company tax too.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-05-2016 at 12:28 PM.