sharetrader
Page 654 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 15455460464465065165265365465565665765866470475411541654 ... LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

People are entitled to their opinions and this thread would be boring if we all shared the same view. I enjoy and learn from the diversity of opinions.

However while some people see a statement like “you are wrong “ as an opinion I don’t see it that way. To me the person is stating it as if it a fact. It is also coming from a one up-position i.e. I’m okay you are not okay. And what is not said but is implied is that because you are wrong I am right and that only one person can be right. If the comment was directed at me I would see it as an attack which I would take personally. It would be hard to respond to that comment without the conversation escalating.

And we should remember that there is only one person who is right and that is Mr Market who is a drunken psycho according to Warren Buffett, and therefore very hard to predict.

If you use an I-statement and say “I think you are wrong” it would obviously be your opinion and my response would be curiosity as to why you thought that and it would open the way to a discussion where we both could learn something. So if you are going to disagree please try to start with an I-statement such as I believe, I think or I disagree, and make it clear that it is your opinion or your perception.

IMO

Excellent ,and thanks for your open ,clear communication on this subject moka; something i for one, can improve on. its very appropriate for this AIR thread and all others. A simple win/win non confrontational style for all to gain from and for opinions to be freely (,& vigourshly if need be ) debated , agreed and disagreed; for research and opinions to be shared and allowed to keep threads FLOWING freely. its not a boxing match but a forum to enrich ourselves in more ways than one.
    Still holding AIR from low $2.40's (what i thought was a margin of safety)entry a way back and watching hopefully for a convincing trend change. So many things to consider including the overseas buyers who seem to be ignoring the current value metrics and maybe still selling down/ exiting AIR at local holders cost.

Projected NTA of AIR according to consensus analyst forecast on 4 traders as at 30 June 2016 is $2.05 in case anyone is wondering. All of the airlines stocks I follow are trading at a substantial premium to NTA and AIR has bought its shares back before when they've traded below NTA. Just putting it out there as another aspect of this puzzle that might be worthy of consideration. Disc Holding (DYOR, not to be considered professional advice or a recommendation).

Buying ones shares back is one common way to enhance Total Shareholder Returns - management love doing them because in a lot of cases gives hem bigger bonuses.

One way, at a total level, to mitigate capital losses from a declining share price.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Buying ones shares back is one common way to enhance Total Shareholder Returns - management love doing them because in a lot of cases gives hem bigger bonuses.

One way, at a total level, to mitigate capital losses from a declining share price.
    I am pretty sure our largest shareholder would rather take the cash. I would as well and then I can decide for myself whether I want to invest more in the company.

My neighbour says he and his mates down the bowling club cut their losses on HLG when they got their decent dividend and shifted into AIR because of the high yield. Pleased they got the decent dividend a few weeks ago but lamenting a huge capital loss so selling up.

One of the team uses Comvita products and they worked out it is a pretty good investment so apparently whats left of the term deposit money is going into Comvita

Seeking better returns from buying high yield stocks not working for these guys - i refuse to get involved, might lead them up the garden path.

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    I am pretty sure our largest shareholder would rather take the cash. I would as well and then I can decide for myself whether I want to invest more in the company.
    Think they would be only buying on market so you and that largest shareholder wot be party to the deal

Think they would be only buying on market so you and that largest shareholder wot be party to the deal
    But that's still less cash for dividends so we would both be unhappy parties to the deal

My neighbour says he and his mates down the bowling club cut their losses on HLG when they got their decent dividend and shifted into AIR because of the high yield. Pleased they got the decent dividend a few weeks ago but lamenting a huge capital loss so selling up.

One of the team uses Comvita products and they worked out it is a pretty good investment so apparently whats left of the term deposit money is going into Comvita

Seeking better returns from buying high yield stocks not working for these guys - i refuse to get involved, might lead them up the garden path.
    I have heard this similar story so many times from so many people....this is going to screw up so many retirements, although low interest rates had already done half the job.

Membaa

What is the lesson Winner? Maybe that AIR is not a good 'investment' share? You should put your mates on the right track.