sharetrader
Page 658 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 15855860864865465565665765865966066166266870875811581658 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,580 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Moderated user

Couta1 said: "PS-Its more a matter of once having bought at what you thought was a fair price at the time and then seeing the price hammered, you then have two choices, sell for a large loss (If your holding a large number) or be patient and wait for the price to come back..."

Or 3rd choice: Buy some more at disciplined stages (say, 10% new lows) to lower you average BP, and hope (in the absence of any real new or big problems affecting the company) the falling sword hits the ground soon!!
    Last edited by Gringo; 23-05-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Post lunch recovery - won't be sub $2 today
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

People HATE an extremely turbulent flight and FEAR is now driving the SP. I think we are seeing some people taking the escape Shute that simply cannot stand the turbulence.

I'm going to have some nice calming herbal tea with my lunch...
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-05-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Who mentioned NTA level the other day? Yes it is just looking sick...broker commission churn?
    Forsyth never intended to make any money from their price downgrade, yeah right.

Popping my ST cherry here.
    Recently bought in for my first stint in the share market.
    Thrown into the mix very quickly with this current AIR situation.

Us newcomers very much appreciate the explanations by the more experienced members from both sides of opinion not just the reassuring ones.
    No valuable information from me, just a post of appreciation for the discussion.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
    Popping my ST cherry here.
    Recently bought in for my first stint in the share market.
    Thrown into the mix very quickly with this current AIR situation.

Us newcomers very much appreciate the explanations by the more experienced members from both sides of opinion not just the reassuring ones.
    No valuable information from me, just a post of appreciation for the discussion.
    Love your Moniker, " Got to speculate to accumulate " welcome aboard , all the best out there ...buckle up this ride might be a bumpy one !

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Demand into Queenstown must be sky high as a consequence of demand as my cousin from Melbourne who always come over to ski several times over the season into Queenstown wants to visit me in Canterbury over winter instead and use us as a base.... says the flights are just too pricey.
    Not just the flights are expensive but everything else. Accommodation is at a premium - I wonder if the cheap packages they use to do for Aussies are not so cheap now?

Snow on the hills today and snowmaking already - Cardies opens in 19 days.....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    That's okay tj, Forsyth have never been the sharpest knife in the brokers drawer
    Many years ago at uni......we did an assignment/presentation on a listed company for one of the classes. Of course we (wisely) chose AIR, which was great because of the quality of the investor info. However for our presentation they invited a couple of FB Brokers along. We'd like to think it was us, but FB's outlook on AIR changed to the same as ours, about 3 days afterwards!

The only problem is we were both wrong!

I bought back in last week and obviously that isn't paying off just at the moment. Thought about selling again and trying to time it better but I do wonder how it would feel to sell today with intentions of buying in again in a weeks time only to have an announcement VAH sold and special divy coming only to miss the boat.
    It's hard seeing the value erode and still tell myself fundamentals but like CEN 6 months ago when it was $4.40 sentiment doesn't last forever. Decisions decisions

Veteran novice

Do any of you AIRmen ever look at charts? AIR has been and is in a steep downturn. Not a time to buy until that reverses, however tempting it might appear!