sharetrader
Page 678 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 17857862866867467567667767867968068168268872877811781678 ... LastLast
Results 6,771 to 6,780 of 20194

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    is it a trade with a stop loss percy or an investment?
    Just the usual "bonus issue'[bit over 1 for 4 here] the market often gives me on my long term investments.!!..lol.Makes my average cost price lower, and certainly makes the yield on that average very tastie.
    Looks to me "fair" or "fairish" value is somewhere between $2 and $3.Selling at $2.83 on 22nd April and buying back today at $2.118,just makes me "well positioned.".
    Last edited by percy; 28-05-2016 at 09:01 AM.

-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Just the usual "bonus issue' the market often gives me on my long term investments.!!..lol.Makes my average cost price lower, and certainly makes the yield on that average very tastie.
    Looks to me "fair" or "fairish" value is somewhere between $2 and $3.Selling at $2.83 on 22nd April and buying back today at $2.118,just makes me "well positioned.".
    Awesome move..

percy

Quote Originally Posted by smtrader View Post
    Awesome move..
    I get the odd one right,however,just when I think I know what I am doing, the market gives me a good kick up the backside.!!lol.

Well $2.13 is certainly a better way to end than just one week ago @ $2.05, Couta you are well on the journey back towards positive territory again.................well you are 2 steps on the way perhaps !

aiz trading at 2.05 - 2.1 equivalent nz 2.20 for Monday? that would be nice
    one step ahead of the herd

Membaa

$6.9m turnover of 3.26 million shares, the majority of which appeared to be quite happy quietly feeding the bid in modest increments all day between $2.13 - $2.14. Obviously there were willing buyers, that's what makes a market, but the quiet control with which the asks were executed today suggests the pros are firmly in control. They just made ten cents more than they were getting yesterday.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 27-05-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Onlookers of this thread would be familiar with my advising John Key to sell Cullen Airlines to Etihad.

A boffin from the Treasury has run the IRR ruler over the Crowns buy-in to Cullen Airlines.

There are three artices on the subject on the Treasuries web site. Suitable reading for a wet Saturday. Go to;

http://www.treasury.govt.nz/publicat...staff-insights

The authors conclusion; The Crowns IRR return on its investment in Cullen Airlines has been nuetral helped by a dash of good fortune due to lower fuel prices.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Onlookers of this thread would be familiar with my advising John Key to sell Cullen Airlines to Etihad.

A boffin from the Treasury has run the IRR ruler over the Crowns buy-in to Cullen Airlines.

There are three artices on the subject on the Treasuries web site. Suitable reading for a wet Saturday. Go to;

http://www.treasury.govt.nz/publicat...staff-insights

The authors conclusion; The Crowns IRR return on its investment in Cullen Airlines has been nuetral helped by a dash of good fortune due to lower fuel prices.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Jeez those Treasury guru's make life complicated

They should have just asked Percy et al to tell that their current holding aren't free but cost them $1.16 share

Conclusion - current price at $2.13 so they have made heaps even before counting the dividends (and the dividend yield is very high at the moment)

Job done - time to cash in I reckon. No reason why we should own half an airline
    Last edited by winner69; 28-05-2016 at 05:36 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Just the usual "bonus issue'[bit over 1 for 4 here] the market often gives me on my long term investments.!!..lol.Makes my average cost price lower, and certainly makes the yield on that average very tastie.
    Nice trade. I sold some at $3.03 and bought them back at $2.27 but continued to hold half on the way down...and I blame the aviation enthusiast that lurks within for my reluctance to completely exit. I'll know better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Nice trade. I sold some at $3.03 and bought them back at $2.27 but continued to hold half on the way down...and I blame the aviation enthusiast that lurks within for my reluctance to completely exit. I'll know better next time.
    Invested in more ways than one..never makes it easy.