sharetrader
Page 679 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 17957962966967567667767867968068168268368972977911791679 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 20199

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez those Treasury guru's make life complicated

They should have just asked Percy et al to tell that their current holding aren't free but cost them $1.16 share

Conclusion - current price at $2.13 so they have made heaps even before counting the dividends (and the dividend yield is very high at the moment)

Job done - time to cash in I reckon. No reason why we should own half an airline
    Yeah you want them to sell low..ok with me if they increase your personal income tax only to make up for the lost return...

-aholic

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/3...movements.html

I think this is very relevant. There is probably no doubt that NZX privately queried AIR. And seeing the volume and price drop so drastically without material information being released 'yet' (probably due to an exception) makes one wonder what will be released, and more importantly if that info has had some leak leading to contagion and price drop. One thing for sure is we have a couple of interesting weeks ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by smtrader View Post

I think this is very relevant. There is probably no doubt that NZX privately queried AIR. And seeing the volume and price drop so drastically without material information being released 'yet' (probably due to an exception) makes one wonder what will be released, and more importantly if that info has had some leak leading to contagion and price drop. One thing for sure is we have a couple of interesting weeks ahead!
    When Brokers are 'retained to advise', sieve's inevitably come to mind. They will protest loudly about chinese walls etc, but c'mon......just look at some of the info that certain people on this site post in veiled language.

Quote Originally Posted by smtrader View Post

I see this as a very positive development for N.Z.'s capital markets. I know one participant on here, (not me I can't take credit for that), that took the imitative to communicate their thoughts regarding AIR's violent recent SP drop to NZX compliance and this statement came out the following day so maybe that good honest bloke made a real contribution to the development on N.Z's capital markets.

Really though, and in addition, the FMA should run the ruler over management sales from an insider trading point of view. It will be interesting to see how they respond, if at all.

Now we know that there's credible interest in AIR stake from multiple parties, really something AIR should have released as a news release to reassure shareholders anyway given the complete air pocket the SP has hit, it will be interesting to see how many tens of millions of shares institutions will keep flooding the market with at the current depressed price. I would think those institutions with an extremely negative view might start to run out of scrip sometime soon given that over 16% of the free float of all shares has changed hands in the last 30 days.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-05-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Veteran novice

Wouldn't it be preferable, though, for the NZX to make a public "please explain" request so that it all becomes public record, fresh air being the best disinfectant - and all that.

I tend to agree to some extent but it seems to me that this sort of price enquiry is limited to sudden one day movements in the SP and ninety nine times out of a hundred is met with the usual response with which we are all familiar.

I think this AIR thing is a different kettle of fish, (flock of birds ?). Senior management were selling with some apparent / alleged advantage in terms of information in regard to all the aforementioned matters we've discussed on here plus their knowledge of how the sale of AIR's stake in VAH was progressing, (or not progressing as the case may be). That we have to rely on a statement from Richard Branson to get any assurance that things are progressing okay is in my opinion a pretty sad indictment on management communication skills. How would it have been any breech of insider information or confidentiality to at least have publicly reassured shareholders as the price was crashing that there was multiple party interest and negotiations and discussions were ongoing ?

Maybe I am being naïve and the only investors that really count are large institutions, certainly its easy to form that impression from the fact that retail investors regardless of the number of shares they hold are excluded from so called investor day briefings, (should have a name change to institution and analyst briefing).

Not only has management's halo slipped, I think its vaporised into thin air. (Disc grumpy holder, DYOR, not to be considered professional advice or a recommendation).
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-05-2016 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Not only has management's halo slipped, I think its vaporised into thin air. (Disc grumpy holder, DYOR, not to be considered professional advice or a recommendation).
    Just quietly chuckling to myself. Hell hath no fury like a Roger scorned

(Please take that in the spirit intended Roger. Really appreciate your efforts on the forum).
    Last edited by cyclist; 29-05-2016 at 06:06 PM.

LOL mate. I just like to see transparency and integrity in the N.Z. financial markets. I'm no Bruce Sheppard or Max Gunn, not even a pale shadow of either, but I like to try and make a difference for the better when I can and when I honestly believe things aren't right.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-05-2016 at 06:14 PM.

-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Wouldn't it be preferable, though, for the NZX to make a public "please explain" request so that it all becomes public record, fresh air being the best disinfectant - and all that.
    perhaps... im reading Taleb's book antifragile and can't help the obvious relevance to nzx's 'please explain' requests.. if i am using his logic right, it follows that any company receiving such query will cause a negative impact on it (and naturally the SP). Because the company will more likely begin to employ methods to try and stabilise the share price or guard information... and so eventually the SP will take a significant correction.. so I guess maybe it might be better for NZX to go behind closed doors to force info out instead of publicly stating 'please explain'.. after all ohpark0119 said it best below.

Quote Originally Posted by ohpark0119 View Post
    what's the point of asking anyway? Is nzx expecting something like "we don't give a **** about nzx rules"?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11647295

Breakfast TV this morning says they have a new sponsor in Jetstar and in the news segment chris luxon earmarked/tipped to replace departing Fonterra CEO=theo spierings.