sharetrader
Page 688 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 18858863867868468568668768868969069169269873878811881688 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,880 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Lots of guesswork, proposals, charts, premiums, knives (falling, bouncing and placed between ribs) and AIR rises 1.6%

Meanwhile, back at the coalface, no guesswork, no rumours, no knives and HBL ticks up just the same percentage.

Moral of the story ??

.........haha BLOCKHEAD nice one, but where's the fun in that? Clearly AIR is being traded heavily but continues with it's northern trajectory....that's gotta be saying something about underlying support and/or expectations? You wouldnt want to be caught without it at the mo IMHO. Still a lot of ground to recover for most of us. Thankfully I averaged down and now looking not too bad. Holding tight for now.

Sometimes ya moneys just better off in The Bank

.........haha BLOCKHEAD nice one, but where's the fun in that? Clearly AIR is being traded heavily but continues with it's northern trajectory....that's gotta be saying something about underlying support and/or expectations? You wouldnt want to be caught without it at the mo IMHO. Still a lot of ground to recover for most of us. Thankfully I averaged down and now looking not too bad. Holding tight for now.
    Have a Gr8day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by smtrader View Post
    So some major funds just entered the market in the last 10 minutes.. across the board.. atm, tme, even air.. right now there is one buy order at 225 for 1.1milion... i dont know what happend but im taking a dive and ignoring all fundamentals and technicals... 'follow the big boys money' is what they say.. so i did

disc. now holding
    Index rebalancing day today, that's why.

Maybe I should buy in again , now that there is a bid for 480,000 at buy price!?

-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Index rebalancing day today, that's why.
    omg what the hell is that.. im tired of learning new things (ive had a few expensive learning curves under my belt!) im almost done with getting a cpa and will also be getting a cfa and thought i have everything covered.. but every now and then something pops up.. i need some sleep!

but please couta clarify further

Banned

omg what the hell is that.. im tired of learning new things (ive had a few expensive learning curves under my belt!) im almost done with getting a cpa and will also be getting a cfa and thought i have everything covered.. but every now and then something pops up.. i need some sleep!

but please couta clarify further
    Basically in a nutshell an index rebalance is when the big boys get the chance to throw certain toys out of their cot if they hold too many of those toys as a percentage of their portfolio, they also add other toys where the percentage of those toys is too low.
    Last edited by couta1; 31-05-2016 at 05:31 PM.

So some major funds just entered the market in the last 10 minutes.. across the board.. atm, tme, even air.. right now there is one buy order at 225 for 1.1milion... i dont know what happend but im taking a dive and ignoring all fundamentals and technicals... 'follow the big boys money' is what they say.. so i did

disc. now holding
    haha, maybe we both should have taken that 2.24

-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    haha, maybe we both should have taken that 2.24
    Yeah or at 2.05 wouldve been awesome!

Basically in a nutshell an index rebalance is when the big boys get the chance to throw certain toys out of their cot if they hold too many of those toys as a percentage of their portfolio, they also add other toys where the percentage of those toys is too low.
    thanks couta, how could i not have seen that one.. i shouldve pursued the cfa before the cpa, would've served me better. So they balance it based on market cap in the index? and they do that every end of the month?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Could temper any enthusiasm Singapore / Ethiad / Virgin / newcomer had
    I don't think Singapore will be interested in a takeover now - or increasing their share

One less interested party in Air NZ shares
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Hi Mate,

Nice to see you back commenting after a couple of days off and I like your description. Are you sure that was happening last this arvo ? I have it in my diary that index rebalancing occurs at close of trade on the third Friday of the last month of each quarter, maybe when I was doing some recent reading on how this black art works I got the wrong end of the stick...

Maybe what we saw towards the close today was some good old fashioned end of month window dressing...whatever it is I'll take it as I need every bit of help I can get to make this month not look quite so ugly for my portfolio.
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-05-2016 at 06:09 PM.

-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi Mate,

Nice to see you back commenting after a couple of days off and I like your description. Are you sure that was happening last this arvo ? I have it in my diary that index rebalancing occurs at close of trade on the third Friday of the last month of each quarter, maybe when I was doing some recent reading on how this black art works I got the wrong end of the stick...

Maybe what we saw towards the close today was some good old fashioned end of month window dressing...whatever it is I'll take it as I need every bit of help I can get to make this month not look quite so ugly for my portfolio.
    Attachment 8088

So the rebalancing wasnt on today, but todays prices affects rebalancing.. so there was a push to prop prices up to reduce rebalancing?? am i getting this right or am i sleep deprived...