sharetrader
Page 696 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 19659664668669269369469569669769869970070674679611961696 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,960 of 20190

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

A bit odd that air NZ on asx is up close to 2%.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Lightbulb A little conjecture on events that will affect Air New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Thank you PT....

....Anyway, hopefully I have better luck with the snapper than my ability to catch knives of late.
    I believe that should anyone announce a takeover for VAH it now would have to be for a VAH that has been fattened by the new equity issued to HNA, I actually believe a takeover is unlikely.

I strongly suspect that once the new shares are issued and the new director is settled into his boardroom leather chair a pro-rata rights issue will be announced.

It will be a 1 for 1 at near market price and it may well be underwritten.

Best Wishes & Successful Fishing
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Herbacious

I'm assuming that HNA can't use one of it's subsidiaries to take a piece of AIR's stake in VAH without falling foul of the same takeover rules? I'm thinking Grand China Air, or Hong Kong airlines or one of the other multitude that it appears to own or have substantial interests in.

To be fair PT - I did mark those posts with a heavy disclaimer and have already spent a TON of time on this company and betting a beer or two is always intended to be nothing more than a light hearted wager.

I still think this play's out okay for AIR.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I believe that should anyone announce a takeover for VAH it now would have to be for a VAH that has been fattened by the new equity issued to HNA, I actually believe a takeover is unlikely.

I strongly suspect that once the new shares are issued and the new director is settled into his boardroom leather chair a pro-rata rights issue will be announced.

It will be a 1 for 1 at near market price and it may well be underwritten.

Best Wishes & Successful Fishing
    Paper Tiger
    Well I can honestly say the days fishing with plenty caught was better than AIR's performance today.

I am not sure what the charts are indicating but there does seem some stability even with a slow trend down its not to the degree that saw the 2.02 of last week. Call me crazy but considering re-entry again.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Well I can honestly say the days fishing with plenty caught was better than AIR's performance today.

I am not sure what the charts are indicating but there does seem some stability even with a slow trend down its not to the degree that saw the 2.02 of last week. Call me crazy but considering re-entry again.
    Patience. Observe, learn, decide and act only when the facts present themselves that satisfy's ones investing or trading strategy. Technically AIR turned away from obvious resistance Tuesday and again yesterday and followed through today, the probability is ... to be determined individually. Perhaps some might consider moving from the zero-sum game of betting on one way or the other, towards having a game plan for either eventuality, up or down. If it goes up I will ... or if it goes down I will ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Patience. Observe, learn, decide and act only when the facts present themselves that satisfy's ones investing or trading strategy. Technically AIR turned away from obvious resistance Tuesday and again yesterday and followed through today, the probability is ... to be determined individually. Perhaps some might consider moving from the zero-sum game of betting on one way or the other, towards having a game plan for either eventuality, up or down. If it goes up I will ... or if it goes down I will ... ?
    You make a good point and looking at the daily charts yesterday was not like the many AIR has had with gains in the morning and declines in the afternoon, yesterday the highest was at the start of the day and a gradual decline throughout it so perhaps it will slowly trickle down more. Each day gives an indication and it has had some weakness on Friday afternoons so perhaps today will be a test for it.

On the flip side is wait to long and risk missing the trading holt and subsequent rise on the news of a VAH sale which is the great unknown. I have bought and sold a number of times in the last few weeks trying to time it right and each time have either made some small gains or break even on them but theres a lot to make up for with holding on to too many on the way down at the start.

Do you think it is heading back to that near $2 resistance? I am wondering if over the next few trading days it may just test it again and the last week hasn't been a turnaround after all......

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    HAHAH you'll get banned coz in my view this is worse than calling someone stupid.
    In response to this post, for those interested go to the Off Market Section, then to page 8 and under the thread R.I.P Moosie have a read of post numbers 35 & 74. The above is saying the same thing in a more subtle way, is this sort of nastiness acceptable?
    Last edited by couta1; 03-06-2016 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Holy moses - 5 seats across in the middle

Sorry - off topc but interesting

Rumour has it that it will be operational for Rogers next big trip
    What does this relate to? Is this about AIR? Not quite enough context.

Worst flight I ever had was in the middle of a group of five seats.

In a seat that wouldn't recline. On a completely full flight. Kept being asked if I was ok when trying to sleep with my head on the tray table.

Hi all

Interested to hear what your thoughts are on what the final dividend for FY16 will be given the interim was 10c/share.

Are you also anticipating a special divvy (with/without the sale of AIR's VHA holding)?