sharetrader
Page 698 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 19859864868869469569669769869970070170270874879811981698 ... LastLast
Results 6,971 to 6,980 of 20190

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Certainly a concept that we all should aspire to and thanks for reminding me of that Couta...no doubt we all probably could do a bit better in that area if we were honest with ourselves. Somewhat ironic in that "manning up" has somehow become allied to being honest and open and doing the right thing as a male and yet most of the aggression and violence in society is perpetrated by men...go figure huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    My man card has written on it ' Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself, always showing basic courtesy and respect when it is in your power to do so'
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    My man card has written on it ' Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself, always showing basic courtesy and respect when it is in your power to do so'
    It was probably a kind of 50/50 remark that may have been aimed more at your investing techniques than you as a person--might be good for us all to move on--we have probably all made posts that were a bit iffy at times.
    I agree ..poor Moossie has taken far more flak than many of us and more than he deserved---I liked it better when he was around---anyone who signed his name on reputation marks ,back when they were anonymous gets a tick in my book.
    I learned alot from his involvement in DIL.

I think AIR management has stumbled a bit of late but its still a bit undervalued in the sense that there must be alot who are waiting to jump if the VAH results pan out ok.
    Of course no one knows for sure, but there is potential for a bit of a stampede on the up side---time will tell

percy

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    It was probably a kind of 50/50 remark that may have been aimed more at your investing techniques than you as a person--might be good for us all to move on--we have probably all made posts that were a bit iffy at times.
    I agree ..poor Moossie has taken far more flak than many of us and more than he deserved---I liked it better when he was around---anyone who signed his name on reputation marks ,back when they were anonymous gets a tick in my book.
    I learned alot from his involvement in DIL.

I think AIR management has stumbled a bit of late but its still a bit undervalued in the sense that there must be alot who are waiting to jump if the VAH results pan out ok.
    Of course no one knows for sure, but there is potential for a bit of a stampede on the up side---time will tell
    Since he left Moossie and I have been in contact via email.I value his opinion.A very clever young person.I am sure we would all benefit from his input, should he ever return.
    I also value Couta1's honest opinions,although I too have often doubted his techniques.
    I do look forward to meeting him sometime.,as I do all the Wellington ShareTraders.

Membaa

A breath of fresh AIR for shareholders having an up week after 7 straight down weeks. Looking at the chart it was quite remarkable to see the low last week push down to the H&S breakdown targets and bounce on the 50% Fib retrace of the 4-year bull move, then this week falter at the 38.2% Fib, though pulling back a bit, still closing up for the week.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    A breath of fresh AIR for shareholders having an up week after 7 straight down weeks. Looking at the chart it was quite remarkable to see the low last week push down to the H&S breakdown targets and bounce on the 50% Fib retrace of the 4-year bull move, then this week falter at the 38.2% Fib, though pulling back a bit, still closing up for the week.
    and your future prediction is.......?????

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    and your future prediction is.......?????
    TA's don't do predictions, that's for soothsayers. The probability that sentiment reversed is 100% as the week was up, though it weakened progressively from mid week to EOW close.

Bullish view .. I would expect stern resistance (selling) at $2.35 to $2.40 if it gets back there though if it folds, Bearish view .. expect a retest of $205 with solid support (buying) at $1.80-$1.75.

Some may disagree but I think for the active investor it's always worthwhile having two strategies, the up one and the down one. That way you're always half right and can ride the winning side.

The competitive pressure on Cullen Airlines continues;

Emirates will start direct daily Airbus A380 services on the world’s longest non-stop route from Dubai to Auckland in New Zealand in December 2016, airline president Tim Clark said on Thursday.

http://gulfnews.com/business/aviatio...land-1.1839712

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post

Emirates will start direct daily Airbus A380 services on the world’s longest non-stop route from Dubai to Auckland in New Zealand in December 2016, airline president Tim Clark said on Thursday.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    To add to this

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=11650287

I think the comment section is more interesting than the article, re Chris's comment... this sums up what i have been wondering the last couple of day....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    To correct your posting.

Emirates will upguage their Direct Auckland to Dubai services from a B777LR to an Airbus A380.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    To add to this

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=11650287

I think the comment section is more interesting than the article, re Chris's comment... this sums up what i have been wondering the last couple of day....
    Yes we have been kept in the dark long enough. It makes you wonder if AIR had any potential sale discussions behind closed doors before making the announcement.
    h2