sharetrader
Page 699 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 19959964968969569669769869970070170270370974979911991699 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 20190

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Outside thinking.

Thanks Baa Baa. Agree predictions very tricky/dangerous. Much depends on the sale of Virgin and who knows how this will pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    To add to this

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=11650287

I think the comment section is more interesting than the article, re Chris's comment... this sums up what i have been wondering the last couple of day....
    Strategically it may be important, but how much more of Air NZ's cash will VAH burn before turning a profit? Air NZ have no doubt weighed this in making their decision.

That heads of agreement could just as easily flush out a full takeover offer from Singapore airlines as any other outcome. No doubt AIR's advisors have been told binding offers must be tabled about mid June, allowing sufficient time for a decent price haggle. We'll know the outcome soon enough. VAH's woeful financial performance at a time of low oil prices speaks for itself and I remain happy AIR are trying to extricate themselves from that pup which could easily turn into Ansett MK2. Some interesting stories on MSN money about how Qatar are mowing Delta's grass e.t.c.e.t.c.

Fears of impact on Delta and American airlines...trading on PE's of late 5's early 6's and price to book of circa 2.5-3 times. Hmmm Interesting comparison to AIR's fundamental's.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-06-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Super Investor

That's true but I would be happier if VAH was performing. Being the banker of a loss making airline and then selling almost feels like a mortgagee sale. If they sell at a loss how will that reflect on AIR's management?
    h2

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    That's true but I would be happier if VAH was performing. Being the banker of a loss making airline and then selling almost feels like a mortgagee sale. If they sell at a loss how will that reflect on AIR's management?
    Has the board of VAH acted in the best interest of all of VAH shareholders???? With a large holder wanting to exit was it really best to dilute holders and issues to shares at such a low price.
    Could they not have done a rights issue and had HNA underwrite it @ .30 to give all shareholders an equal chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    That heads of agreement could just as easily flush out a full takeover offer from Singapore airlines as any other outcome. No doubt AIR's advisors have been told binding offers must be tabled about mid June, allowing sufficient time for a decent price haggle. We'll know the outcome soon enough. VAH's woeful financial performance at a time of low oil prices speaks for itself and I remain happy AIR are trying to extricate themselves from that pup which could easily turn into Ansett MK2. Some interesting stories on MSN money about how Qatar are mowing Delta's grass e.t.c.e.t.c.

Fears of impact on Delta and American airlines...trading on PE's of late 5's early 6's and price to book of circa 2.5-3 times. Hmmm Interesting comparison to AIR's fundamental's.
    Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Singapore on the board of VAH as the 3rd largest shareholder? if so why would they be involved in allowing HNA to buy in if they wanted to start a takeover? I thought them likely prior to the HNA announcement but not so sure now.

The more I think about it from my minimally experienced perspective the more I think HNA buying into VAH has been a big negative for AIR selling its stake with regard to not only price but potential buyers who would be doing it for code sharing that wont be straight forward now HNA are in the mix as well.

We had our long weekend - now NZ markets got a bit of catching up to do.

Good day in ASX yesterday and US up overnight - the world is happy again

Reckon AIR will get to 230 today
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    We had our long weekend - now NZ markets got a bit of catching up to do.

Good day in ASX yesterday and US up overnight - the world is happy again

Reckon AIR will get to 230 today
    Not that happy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Not that happy
    I better stop getting excited about AIR share price eh - it seems to have a mind ofbits own.

As Yogi said 'its tough to make predictions, especially about the future'. I get what he meant now.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I better stop getting excited about AIR share price eh - it seems to have a mind ofbits own.

As Yogi said 'its tough to make predictions, especially about the future'. I get what he meant now.
    Yeah do yourself a favour and don't get excited:-) great performance today ahh