sharetrader
Page 704 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 20460465469470070170270370470570670770871475480412041704 ... LastLast
Results 7,031 to 7,040 of 20193

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

daily graph looks like a sine wave.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    I am not on the same page as you on your opinion that somehow Chinese middle class travel is dependent on cheap fuel.
    How do they say ... everybody is entitled to their opinion.
    Just wait for fuel to go up and lets then continue this discussion ...

Cathay Pacific is hardly a "Chinese" airline so to speak - its biggest shareholder is the Swire Group and you will be offending many people by generalising Cathay as 'Chinese' and it is Hong Kong based airline.
    I think you misunderstood - or want to make a political point anyway.

When I fly with Cathy Pacific I am typically served by Chinese stewards (or more likely stewardesses) and their hub and head office is in a significant Chinese town (Hongkong). Yes, their owners have British roots (and I didn't count who owns most shares of the SWIRE group) - and their board / management team is mainly Caucasian (well 2/3 rds or so).

If that's relevant, than I guess this makes Sanford a German company, given that their CEO is German ...

Anyway - If you feel that they are not a Chinese airline - be my guest ... however not sure, who would feel offended by this classification. Are you? If yes - WHY?

Please note - I never said "airline of the Peoples Republic of China" ....).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    How do they say ... everybody is entitled to their opinion.
    Just wait for fuel to go up and lets then continue this discussion ...

I think you misunderstood - or want to make a political point anyway.

When I fly with Cathy Pacific I am typically served by Chinese stewards (or more likely stewardesses) and their hub and head office is in a significant Chinese town (Hongkong). Yes, their owners have British roots (and I didn't count who owns most shares of the SWIRE group) - and their board / management team is mainly Caucasian (well 2/3 rds or so).

If that's relevant, than I guess this makes Sanford a German company, given that their CEO is German ...

Anyway - If you feel that they are not a Chinese airline - be my guest ... however not sure, who would feel offended by this classification. Are you? If yes - WHY?

Please note - I never said "airline of the Peoples Republic of China" ....).
    No political point was intended.

"however not sure, who would feel offended by this classification. Are you? If yes - WHY? " Appears to be that I would be offended in anyway by you calling Cathay a Chinese airline. I am not. You are also asking me in a not so direct way, whether I am Chinese or rather Hong Kongese which I am not.

Your comment on whether Sanford should be called a German company is nothing other than condescending.

Thank you for your very thoughtful insights.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Anybody want to throw Matthew 7:5 into the ring.

To put into perspective how many other companies are we comparing the SP with NTA (including or excluding intangibles)?
    If you are happy to work on rpuNTA (Roger's peculiarily unique NTA) then the best buy is non other than:

Virgin Australia Holdings listed on the ASX which is currently trading under rpuNTA.

Other excellent airlines with low SP/NTA ratios to consider are:
    Singapore Airlines on the Singapore Exchange (trading about NTA);
    Cathay Pacific on the Hong Kong Bourse (trading a little above NTA).

This is not a recommendation to buy any airline or other stock.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ohpark0119 View Post
    daily graph looks like a sine wave.
    It ain't called the Aircoaster for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    It ain't called the Aircoaster for nothing.
    Pretty slow moving one today. Not that I am complaining

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Hmmm, but didn't Timothy say "24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth..."

Nothing said about blocking them out?
    What Couta1 said plus one needs to keep in mind a lot of other relevant scripture and the my decision to move anyone to the ignore list is on the basis of Romans 14:19 So then let us pursue what makes for peace and mutual uplifting. Also Proverbs 26:4, 23:9, 29:1, 19:11 and especially Proverbs 9:7-9 spring to mind, I will leave you and others to look them up if you're interested.

Anyway getting back to AIR I think we see this no mans land SP grind on for a couple more weeks yet. Speaking of balance sheet footings I see our currency up over 70 cents U.S. If this sticks till balance date then we will see overseas debt including capitalised lease obligations looking better in $Kiwi and thus the gearing ratio come down at balance date. Should be a supportive environment for a slightly bigger dividend than might have otherwise been the case at 65 cents U.S.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-06-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Membaa

Worryingly the AIR share price rout is happening contrary to a backdrop of NZX reaching new highs and staying in lofty territory, lots of NZ shares doing handsomely, and the global markets surging upwards for example in the US looking to test all time highs. It's all very well to shrug off increasing competition, or hope for a good outcome to the VAH mess, or the minutae like oil prices etc, but heaven forbid a change in global sentiment affecting the whole NZ market. It's events like that which aren't considered that plumbs the depths of historical share prices, that in the present moment seem ludicrous in the extreme, like almost impossible that it could ever go to $1.75, let alone lower. Keep in mind AIR has deflated against an extremely positive backdrop, so factor into your thoughts what might happen if that backdrop turned unfavourable.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 09-06-2016 at 06:07 PM.

Banned

I can think of quite a few shares with a hammered SP that hardly moved in a general downturn Baa, it seems the market understands at those times that those shares don't require the same trimming as the lofty, fully or overvalued ones, sure it may drop but the drop would be minor in comparison IMO.

I wonder if a resolution of VAH situation will be the boast AIR needs. The uncertainty of it is surely a big factor for anyone looking to buy in with the potential to positively or negatively impact on end of year results.
    Looking at the chart the trading range seems to be stabilizing but the ability to be irratic on any given day is always on the cards. I followed it closely today and there weren't a lot of sell orders lining up, just drip fed at buy price and less crumbling of sellers when it dipped early afternoon.