sharetrader
Page 706 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 20660665669670270370470570670770870971071675680612061706 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,060 of 20199

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    .....and I thought you had sold some AIR shares
    Rather amazing and contrary to recent timings I came back in yesterday but sadly only half what I had.

Bought and sold a few times. Last was in at 2.17 then out at 2.24. Then in again yesterday at 2.15. I nearly grabbed them at 2.13 the day before but didn't quite have the nerve.

All good. I'm not complaining. Should see a stronger SP today

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Didn't HNA pay 30c ?
    Oh. I had in mind it was 40c for some reason. Need to remember to take Alzheimer's meds....

Great outcome

Just as well these Chinese companies love spending heaps of money eh

With such a hotchpot of owners be interesting to see what happens to Virgin over the next few years
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Great outcome

With such a hotchpot of owners be interesting to see what happens to Virgin over the next few years
    So much for all the commentators and detractors who thought that Air NZ will not be able to sell the stake and has played themselves out of the game.

Always watch out for the vested interests who feed 'stories' to the media etc for their own purposes - eg. AFR with its article about how Virgin has 'done' Air NZ in the corporate maneuverings.
    Last edited by Balance; 10-06-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Great outcome

Great outcome? I suppose you mean it could have been worse?

According to the article did AIR NZ paid $453 m for their Virgin stake and sold it now for $ 232 m; This is still a $221 million loss.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Great outcome

Only thing for sure is it has lost it's virginity W69

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

According to the article did AIR NZ paid $453 m for their Virgin stake and sold it now for $ 232 m; This is still a $221 million loss.
    They haven't sold their total stake so you can't calculate it like that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Given the doomsday scenarios posted and voiced by many commentators that Air NZ cannot sell the stake, will be socked for more money, will be marginalized, its planes will fall from the Trans Tasman skies etc etc - it is a great outcome.

Read the various articles in the Aussie Press about how Air NZ was going to get rooted by Virgin yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    So much for all the commentators and detractors who thought that Air NZ will not be able to sell the stake and has played themselves out of the game.

Always watch out for the vested interests who feed 'stories' to the media etc for their own purposes - eg. AFR with its article about how Virgin has 'done' Air NZ in the corporate maneuverings.
    Couldn't agree more. In my opinion its good to simply get this deal executed. Couta1 is dead right, VAH is a real flea ridden mutt and serious questions have to be asked about its business model after losing money for years. Sadly VAH's Q3 profit announcement and outlook statement wherein they ostensibly indicated they would struggle to break even in Q4 came as a shock and scuttled any chance of AIR getting its money back in full but you win some and you lose some and AIR will make plenty this year so a circa $100m loss on sale while not brilliant is still a good way to surgically remove what I view as a massive thorn in their side. Special divvy is now very much on the cards.

Banned

I can't believe the NZ Herald who are always so quick to put up bagging articles on Air haven't got this news up as I write.