sharetrader
Page 716 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 21661666670671271371471571671771871972072676681612161716 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,160 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile Somewhat strange sense of humour

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The arm will be twisted to breaking point and it will be a shout rather than a whisper.
    The mental picture of John Key pinning Chris Luxon to the wall whilst Bill English empties his pockets is an amusing one.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by thestg View Post
    Yes plus there is the tax credit. But the day the share goes Ex-Dividend the share price opens 25 cents less than the previous close.
    Really.... I'll need to work out how that works, if share prices move by people offering to buy and others offering to sell at a price, why would it open 25c less Ex-Div date.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
    Really.... I'll need to work out how that works, if share prices move by people offering to buy and others offering to sell at a price, why would it open 25c less Ex-Div date.
    Drummer you will find a lot of people happy to sell to you at the previous days close or 5 cents under , if it has gone ex a 25 cent dividend , how many you keen to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Speaking from my own experience in more general terms (not just in relation to AIR), a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Be careful out there.
    Totally agree.... could be an interesting hobby as long as I keep stupidity out of the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    If you're going to roll the dice (which is really what it is at this point). Can I recommend you break your 5,000 up into chunks to help soften if you get your timing wrong (which is likely given your inexperience - I'm not being mean, just honest).

Why not buy $3,330 worth when it looks like it hits the bottom here. That way you've got more 'if' it breaks $2.02 and goes down to ~$1.80, otherwise you'll put all your money in, and if it goes lower, you'll feel like you did bad and likely pull it all out anyways, or, do what most of these guys have done and throw good money after bad.

If you're going to dice roll, maybe do it in three phases. e.g. ~$3,330 parcels each time, you're only paying 1% fee, and if what you think will happen is correct, then you will make that part back in divs. It'll help soften the possibility of bad timing...
    ...I'm not advising you do or don't invest, just have a planned approach to doing so.
    Sound advice thanks....

Totally agree.... could be an interesting hobby as long as I keep stupidity out of the mix.
    If you must have a winged stock then you could check out TGH, its alot less volatile !

Quote Originally Posted by Gizzajob I can do that View Post
    If you must have a winged stock then you could check out TGH, its alot less volatile !
    Gizzajob (Boys from the Black stuff??) TGH.. not sure I'm plucky enough

Banned

The share price following the Ex date is totally unpredictable especially with a stock like Air, but it's most likely to drop by more and possibly significantly more than the value of the divvy. Although my middle name is not 'Careful' as I currently hold 160k of these pups, I would suggest you head over to planet Spark and park your money there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The share price following the Ex date is totally unpredictable especially with a stock like Air, but it's most likely to drop by more and possibly significantly more than the value of the divvy. Although my middle name is not 'Careful' as I currently hold 160k of these pups, I would suggest you head over to planet Spark and park your money there instead.
    So the price does not magically just drop the exact amount the div was, people just cashing out for a quick buck..... 160K you see it as a long term roller coaster then? Spark mmmm nah.

Banned

So the price does not magically just drop the exact amount the div was, people just cashing out for a quick buck..... 160K you see it as a long term roller coaster then? Spark mmmm nah.
    In theory it should initially drop by the exact amount but in reality it's unknowable, yep she's a great rollercoaster whether your taking a short or long flight, Spark was an example of a less volatile stock but hey climb aboard the Aircoaster if you can stomach a wild ride and don't mind being chased by red arrows.