sharetrader
Page 737 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 23763768772773373473573673773873974074174778783712371737 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,370 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Regarding a discount for shareholders, AIR is different to the "olden days" type discount offering type business'es, I think the chance to get your "discount" is on a first in first served when the low prices are on offer from time to time via whatever scheme AIR has going at the time. We fly to BNE quiet often and get emailed anytime flights drop below $200, I know that is available to Tom, Dick n Co but that's the way it is nowadays.

As shareholders I think we like the idea of AIR filling any empty seats !

However, should such a scheme be available I would be more than happy !

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Talked to a dealer at one of the broking houses over lunch - he said that there was a lot of tax loss selling from Australia leading to 30 June this year.

He himself now expects the sp to recover as the tax selling is now out of the way and as several posters have pointed out, Air NZ trades at an undemanding multiple (whatever the heck that means), provides an excellent dividend yield at the current level with the potential for a special dividend - few stocks around like that.
    Cheers mate. Tax loss selling makes sense for some Australians up to 30 June that's for sure.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    The scary welcome party got a bit close for comfort, poking the club at the United man, lol. I would be running back down the arrivals corridor if it was me.
    i seem to remember a few pregnant mums used to get a scary welcome party outside the supermarket with someone handing out flyers espousing the benefits of a certain milk brand...lol....must have worked tho...the sp has gone up....

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Cheers mate. Tax loss selling makes sense for some Australians up to 30 June that's for sure.
    First time in the last few weeks where the sp did not get sold down on the close. Could be sign the tax selling is indeed over.

Thanks Brend. I disagree with them...sigh...again. You back on board as a shareholder yet mate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks Brend. I disagree with them...sigh...again. You back on board as a shareholder yet mate ?
    yeah mate, have been for some time..only a minimum holding though.

Wouldn't there would be issues with the deemed dividend rules if you are giving benefits to shareholders?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshwnz View Post
    Wouldn't there would be issues with the deemed dividend rules if you are giving benefits to shareholders?
    on the face of it you would say yes as its a transfer of value.

AIR would probably get a product ruling from IRD

Guru

What would you give?
    Some airpoints?
    A free flight.
    I don't currently hold but if the incentive was right I would buy JUST ENOUGH shares to get a good deal.
    A bit different from a couple of bits of chicken from KFC.