sharetrader
Page 740 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 24064069073073673773873974074174274374475079084012401740 ... LastLast
Results 7,391 to 7,400 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Arrow Missed One

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    London & Europe
    - Emirates A380 direct to Dubai (Daily - Mar 16)
    - Qatar direct flight to Doha (Daily - Feb 17)

Los Angeles
    - American Airlines (Daily - Jun 16)

San Francisco
    - United Airlines (Daily - Jul 16)

China
    - Air China to Beijing (Daily - Dec 15)

Hong Kong
    - Hong Kong Airlines (Daily - Nov 16)

Gold Coast & SE Asia
    - Air Asia X (Mar 16)

Cairns & Manila
    - Philippine Airlines (Dec 15)

NZ Domestic
    - Jetstar Regional (Daily - Dec 15 & Feb 16)

Air NZ also plans to increase its capacity by 6-8% on short haul and 8-10% on long haul.

How much is too much?
    China
    - Hainan Airlines A330 to Shenzhen (Nov 16)

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Wonder how the AIR loan to them being repaid will reflect on the books - guessing it will be in 2017 financials but yes, pretty happy they got out of that one and now the VAH share price is 20-21c with potential to slide more this month.

NZ version of the same...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11669834

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    The sale of AIR's stake just looks better and better. What a flea bitten mongrel ! I see little if any value in VAH and I think their business model is systemically flawed. I suspect most of the airline investor's are simply there for the alliance benefits. I cannot see a single reason for Joe public to invest in VAH at any price. Its great that AIR's shareholder loan is being repaid out of the cash issue proceeds. Hope they sell the rest of their minor stake in Ansett MK2 soon.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-07-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    The sale of AIR's stake just looks better and better. What a flea bitten mongrel ! I see little if any value in VAH and I think their business model is systemically flawed. I suspect most of the airline investor's are simply there for the alliance benefits. I cannot see a single reason for Joe public to invest in VAH at any price. Its great that AIR's shareholder loan is being repaid out of the cash issue proceeds. Hope they sell the rest of their minor stake in Ansett MK2 soon.
    Air NZ has got out of Virgin what its strategic value is - an alliance partner to counter Jetstar, Qantas etc etc. Now Virgin needs Air NZ.

Remember how Branson ripped up the fake A$250m check offered by Air NZ/SIA in 2001 for Virgin? Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Air NZ has got out of Virgin what its strategic value is - an alliance partner to counter Jetstar, Qantas etc etc. Now Virgin needs Air NZ.

Remember how Branson ripped up the fake A$250m check offered by Air NZ/SIA in 2001 for Virgin? Karma.
    No I don't mate, please by all means humour me, I'd like to review that, got a link ?

Given the info. in post 7353, you may have a point, although they may get cut out of the China market/share somewhat from what is developing at VAH. I thought the strategic alliance with VAH is up for review...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    No I don't mate, please by all means humour me, I'd like to review that, got a link ?
    https://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetal...e-towers-fell/

Have a chuckle - those were the dark days for our National Airline and Aunty Helen came to the rescue. A lot of money was lost and made. The biggest losses were mostly made by SIA and BIL, and the biggest winners were the government and those brave enough to buy the shares when they got down to 12 cents!

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Given the info. in post 7353, you may have a point, although they may get cut out of the China market/share somewhat from what is developing at VAH. I thought the strategic alliance with VAH is up for review...
    I think it was, not sure where its at right now. VAH better be careful otherwise they'll be dog tucker...they need a good code share alliance with AIR far more than AIR need them.

https://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetal...e-towers-fell/

Have a chuckle - those were the dark days for our National Airline and Aunty Helen came to the rescue. A lot of money was lost and made. The biggest losses were mostly made by SIA and BIL, and the biggest winners were the government and those brave enough to buy the shares when they got down to 12 cents!
    Thanks mate.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11670266

Surely I am not the only one that finds it interesting that a judge knows more about landing safety than the Airline Pilots association representing its 2,000+ members.

Those passengers arriving on long haul flights into a 50 knot storm in Wellington can really rest easy during the landing process can't they Thankfully I will never be one of long haul passengers, (landing on a domestic flight into a storm of such magnitude is enough to frighten the life out of me).
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-07-2016 at 01:11 PM.