sharetrader
Page 744 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 24464469473474074174274374474574674774875479484412441744 ... LastLast
Results 7,431 to 7,440 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Read on the Travel section of NZ Herald today that on Air Asia Seat only option means just that! No tea/coffee or even water - pay to use the toilet as well I wonder maybe next, hang on, won't need it, can't drink anything :-)

Not exactly competition, but price is a factor
    Speaking of which, wish I had bought some AIR at the 2.02's or there abouts - seems to be holding around 2.15's at present as has been mentioned
    Got in again at 2.05 although if it stalls here better to take the gain rather than consider selling ex-dividend down the track... Given the volume of money coming in for yield currently in our market one wonders why not AIR.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Regarding old v young pilots.

A feature of recent airlane fatalities like Air France and Air Asia Indonesia is a lack of flying ability in modern pilots when the super duper, computer contolled, fly by wire flight systems say to the pilot "I havent a clue whats is going on. I am giving up and handing control over to you"

Inexperienced pilots are then making bad decisions and probaly hoping for a big red reset button on the control panel like the in the virtual reality video games they were playing as they grew up.

A pilot who had wind in his face experience in a bug smasher aircraft would instinctively know how to fly by the seat of his pants.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    This I agree is an issue with some younger pilots trained by other airlines. Airlines who can often base their training predominantly on simulators..one presumes experience before that was on playstation games which generated the initial interest in flying. Thankfully in N.Z. we still have a culture of training pilots through established flying schools on real aircraft. http://www.aviationinstitute.co.nz/a...e-preparation/ http://www.southernwings.co.nz/
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-07-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8119...irbus-training

Interesting article on older pilots failing retraining. My opinion: If pilots over 65 are not allowed to fly international routes why is it safe for them to fly domestic and trans Tasman routes ?

These guys have been very well paid and should have enough salted away to buy their own little Cessna aircraft and keep flying at a club level at their local aerodrome if they wish.

Give the young people climbing up the aviation ladder a chance to make the big bucks I reckon.
    The over 65's can't operate international flights as the FAA mandated age limit for US airspace is 65.

Despite this, the majority of these pilots remain highly competent, and those who choose to, convert to the 320 in the prescribed amount of time.

Why should they retire if they still meet the standard and choose to continue flying?
    Last edited by kuotadriver; 12-07-2016 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    A pilot who had wind in his face experience in a bug smasher aircraft would instinctively know how to fly by the seat of his pants.
    You can't always fly an airliner by the seat of your pants, certain aspects of the flight envelope (e.g. high speed stall) are counter-intuitive if you've flown only little planes. This being said, it is true that there have been too many recent cases of crashes caused by pilots showing poor practical understanding of their plane's situation.

Basic principle of flight (for all of us armchair pilots): if you push on the stick, houses get bigger. If you pull on the stick, houses get smaller. But if you pull on the stick too much, houses get bigger again.

XAL index up 4.5% overnight. I have been of the opinion it is more exposed to fuel prices than AIR with us being able to hedge, now the consensus on oil prices outlook is much more subdued one would think this could benefit AIR. There does seem to be over the long term average correlation between AIR and the XAL.

Maybe we are getting closer to some decent gains for an undervalued company at present.

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    XAL index up 4.5% overnight. I have been of the opinion it is more exposed to fuel prices than AIR with us being able to hedge, now the consensus on oil prices outlook is much more subdued one would think this could benefit AIR. There does seem to be over the long term average correlation between AIR and the XAL.

Maybe we are getting closer to some decent gains for an undervalued company at present.
    A 4.5% rise in AIR will take it over 220 ....and close to 230

The global investors happiness must help AIR ...mustn't it?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by kuotadriver View Post
    The over 65's can't operate international flights as the FAA mandated age limit for US airspace is 65.

Despite this, the majority of these pilots remain highly competent, and those who choose to, convert to the 320 in the prescribed amount of time.

Why should they retire if they still meet the standard and choose to continue flying?
    I have no problem with them flying if they can retrain on an A320. If they fail the required retraining its time to retire...
    Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post

Yep, some BIG gains overnight in the XAL index. The markets are at record level's and the world is NOT ending anytime soon. I would hope AIR's SP would respond soon especially as QAN had a good day yesterday.

Wouldn't that be nice, I think sentiment still weighs AIR down but Brexit aside, AIR has been ready for a bit of a comeback. The 50MA is 2.185 so if it gets over that in the next day or two it is another reasonable sign. I'm no expert on charts and have been trying to learn more about them but the more experienced like Baa Baa and Hoop still have some reservations but at least not predicting doom and gloom.

air.PNG

Share price and Bollinger bands chart looking good too.

air2.PNG

not so sure ... does this really look like an emerging uptrend to you?

Attachment 8159

I guess - yes, we (just) managed to get over the MA30 (red line), but volume appears to peter out already and the relative strength (lower blue line) indicates (if anything) more an "overbought" than an "oversold" situation.

Sure - anything can happen (particularly with the markets feeling bullish), but personally I would not bet the farm on AIR moving from here into the stratosphere.

Discl: No (material) interest in AIR - and as usual - DYOR;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)