sharetrader
Page 746 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 24664669673674274374474574674774874975075679684612461746 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,460 of 20190

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Been adding to my holding each day this week, just short of 200k shares at $2.43 average now. Happy to hold for the divvies(They are significant with a big holding) Not much of a TA person but my Gutometer tells me this is a value buy at current prices despite its volatility in comparison to a lot of other stocks on the NZX which I consider are trading at lofty prices. Air is my biggest holding and im happy to run with it rather than wait for optimal points of entry as determined by TA.

Current average price paid at the refinery for aviation jet fuel in Asia is US$56.2 a barrel - down 14.8% from a year ago and down 7.1% from a month ago

Good eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Been adding to my holding each day this week, just short of 200k shares at $2.43 average now. Happy to hold for the divvies(They are significant with a big holding) Not much of a TA person but my Gutometer tells me this is a value buy at current prices despite its volatility in comparison to a lot of other stocks on the NZX which I consider are trading at lofty prices. Air is my biggest holding and im happy to run with it rather than wait for optimal points of entry as determined by TA.
    Hi mate, nice to see you back. Crickey that's what I call a decent sized holding. Might make for a circa $50K divvy if they pay out a total of 25 cps special and final.

Cheap as chips Winner.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-07-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Why use WTI when you can use the actual product?

iata.org has plenty of high level info on global/regional jet fuel prices
    Save me the trouble of research (please), if you know, which refinery('s) does AIR buy their jet fuel from and what is their source, Brent, Sing, Western Texas, other ... ? That will point to the comparative index. TIA.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Current average price paid at the refinery for aviation jet fuel in Asia is US$56.2 a barrel - down 14.8% from a year ago and down 7.1% from a month ago

Good eh
    Oil indexes falling again, should be good for AIR. Might be showing in the very slow reversion of the SP, worth looking into imo. Getting back to fundamentals after the rout, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I see low oil prices as sprinkling fish food into a stream..The big fish get the most benefit, the remainder floats around and attracts more fish that weren't there to begin with...I think AIR is not classed as a big fish.

Airlines V Oil correlation is not good...Recessions kills both Cyclical Airlines and Oil prices which upsets any (false) "logical" conclusions that correlation exists ....If we think this time the Oil price is not a reaction to negative Global economic growth...then perhaps there "could" be a hint of correlation.

The chart below illustrates AIR's relationship with Oil..Its a pity there is no very long term freely available chart data to validate accurately the relationship.
    ...also...
    AIR is testing the psychological $3.00 Resistance
    The $3.00 resistance theory (chart) v Practical (Depth)...the depth shows the charted resistance line is quite strong..
    The cyclical resistance is not far away...

If AIR is not a true cyclical* (Averaging positive Organic growth within its market environment over decades) then the cyclic resistance could be under threat

*...True Cyclical companies grow strongly during good economic times and shrink strongly during bad economic times...net result over time = no
    overall growth (flat line, no trend)

Just for interests sake
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just for interests sake
    Interesting thanks, credit to Hoop who has obviously thought of this before now (not surprising). It pretty much shows that either there is no correlation of AIR to Brent Crude, or that AIR very cleverly manage their oil price hedges which by ergo have no correlation to share price. I think the latter, but the former is the result. I will still do my own analysis, to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Save me the trouble of research (please), if you know, which refinery('s) does AIR buy their jet fuel from and what is their source, Brent, Sing, Western Texas, other ... ? That will point to the comparative index. TIA.
    Sorry mate, unable to assist there as I don't know the answer to that.
    Last edited by Xerof; 13-07-2016 at 10:33 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Hey Roger, Fighting for the good cause here for you. Got another 17,000 in last 2 days and am now in the green by $1,449.Up Up An Away In........
    Got another 14,000 in last 2 days for the good cause. Haven't got as many as Couta1 but working on it. SP has gained 15c in last 12 days. After buying 12 lots average price 2.135c and now $3,276 in the green. Sp goes up a couple of cents then buy in when it comes back at end of trading at 4.55pm. Don't know how long this will go on for, but bit by bit is ok by me.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Got another 14,000 in last 2 days for the good cause. Haven't got as many as Couta1 but working on it. SP has gained 15c in last 12 days. After buying 12 lots average price 2.135c and now $3,276 in the green. Sp goes up a couple of cents then buy in when it comes back at end of trading at 4.55pm. Don't know how long this will go on for, but bit by bit is ok by me.
    I picked up a few more on Monday but the bit by bit thing is painful for this jaundiced old dog to watch so I will stick to my maximum self imposed 10% portfolio allocation where its currently at. Hate watching the XAL index bound back up 4.5% and then watching QAN make good gains and then have to watch AIR struggling to claw its way up in altitude half cent by half cent. Its painful to watch so I am still feeling like a grumpy grizzly bear with a thorn in its paw.