sharetrader
Page 762 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 26266271275275875976076176276376476576677281286212621762 ... LastLast
Results 7,611 to 7,620 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Buyers building up go baby go.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Buyers building up go baby go.

Go baby go - 220 ...225 ....230 etc etc

Maybe Dream Baby Dream ....great song from recently departed Alan Vega RIP Alan
    Last edited by winner69; 26-07-2016 at 04:53 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Congratulations ..you have managed to describe stock market investment in under 100 words...many very knowledgeable people have written entire books on this subject and delivered less.
    Same here, also in for the longer, med., and short term. So am not too concerned about the price at this level, If it goes up you will kick yourself , if you buy now and it goes down you will kick yourself. Too much paralysis causes analysis......or is it the other way round.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    I'm still looking to get some more but just waiting to see if this is the bottom of this dip. Really want to see a new higher low set in the grand scheme of things and hope this is it and price will climb again. Probably going to be in it for the longer term. I know competition is the big talk of the moment and yes it will impact but I think tourism will offset this quite a bit. Cautious with the weakness it has shown but still a believer.
    Did you end up getting some? $2.15 is looking like a new higher low. You could use the scatter gun approach and buy more today, tomorrow and yesterday, sometimes it works.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    Well, they might try AIR next time. Rose Richards could of stayed at my place, got two spare rooms, 15 mins. to airport and 15 mins to town, but only if she flies AIR.
    Last edited by see weed; 26-07-2016 at 05:34 PM.

Did you end up getting some? $2.15 is looking like a new higher low. You could use the scatter gun approach and buy more today, tomorrow and yesterday, sometimes it works.
    Not quite, I am happy with what I have even though I would like to add some more but wont be full of regret if it goes up from here and I miss out. I am not sure the weakness is over, significant volume added to the sell side to match the 160,000 shares on the buy side right on market close - makes me wonder if there is still some selling to come but it does appear that the sell level seems to be that 2.15-16 range previously mentioned and no shortage of takers.

My balls or bank balance are not as big as some

Watching closely ready to buy more if I get the sense the time is right.

Dilettante

Well, they might try AIR next time. Rose Richards could of stayed at my place, got two spare rooms, 15 mins. to airport and 15 mins to town, but only if she flies AIR.
    Thatīs no guarantee of hassle free travels. I recently flew AIR to Houston, connecting with Lufthansa to Frankfurt. AIR was 2.5 hrs late out of Auckland and 30 odd passengers lost the Frankfurt connection and had 24 hrs delay in Houston. Most of us had to rebook (at our cost) further travels within Europe. Needless to say, none of us wwere too happy with AIRīs performance and their on ground Houston service was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Thatīs no guarantee of hassle free travels. I recently flew AIR to Houston, connecting with Lufthansa to Frankfurt. AIR was 2.5 hrs late out of Auckland and 30 odd passengers lost the Frankfurt connection and had 24 hrs delay in Houston. Most of us had to rebook (at our cost) further travels within Europe. Needless to say, none of us wwere too happy with AIRīs performance and their on ground Houston service was pathetic.
    The real question is why airlines do not have a decent process in place for delays and especially overnight delays anymore..... a long time ago they had hotels sorted and food ready on arrival at hotels if you had a delay...it all seems to now turn to **** with conflicting communication with no clear process... it makes a bad situation just worse.

Yeah I have to admit I was less than impressed with how AIR handled a delayed baggage situation when I went to Vancouver 6 months ago. Wasn't their fault the bag never made it on due to a backlog at AIA but the customer services didn't deal with the claim process on my return very well. When dropping a fair amount of $ on business class flights there was an expectation AIR would have handled it with a degree of pedigree which never happened. I had travel insurance but there was a limit of $1200 and buying clothes in Vancouver for a day trip to -6 degrees in Calgary isn't cheap and the $300 over spend proved a challenge to get repaid.
    As above. It is apparent the service of days gone by are long gone.
    Credit where it's due, the direct services on the flights, check in, lounges and ease of use with the app is brilliant.

Veteran novice

Just another reflection of air travel as a commodity these days.