sharetrader
Page 787 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 28768773777778378478578678778878979079179783788712871787 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,870 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The latest drop is disappointing so close to the results but is being caused by Insto manipulation as you say not retail holders seling. Had I had an inkling of the latest unexpected drop I would have sold some and bought back around now but I wasn't in the right setting to do that,due to hurtling down snow slopes, besides I would have been using the drip feeding method also,adding to the price drop myself.
    Hmm - just wondering why the insto's would want to manipulate the markets as you say? Maybe - just maybe they might have a good reason for selling now. It might be just easier for them to do it now (at a still acceptable price) rather than after the divvie (with or without special) is out and all eyes are on a less certain (but clearly lower margin) outlook ahead.

Discl: don't hold
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

My 2c worth. The funds have gone to other companies for a while, chasing the dividends, but will be back in force when the others go ex div. or when AIR makes results and dividend announcement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    My 2c worth. The funds have gone to other companies for a while, chasing the dividends, but will be back in force when the others go ex div. or when AIR makes results and dividend announcement.
    As always see weed, a refreshing outlook.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Possibly so, the only difference is the funds have been offloading for a long time now...the volumes are such that you just can't reinvest at the same level quickly.

With all this talk of the cyclical nature of airline performance and how when things get good (like low fuel prices) they start doing silly competitive things and its like a race to the bottom again ...I just can't this image out of my mind
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    With all this talk of the cyclical nature of airline performance and how when things get good (like low fuel prices) they start doing silly competitive things and its like a race to the bottom again ...I just can't this image out of my mind
    This "cyclical nature" surely still need to account for growth of the company year on year. The low from 'one cycle' should surely not reflect the low for another if the company has had significant growth (NTA or otherwise) since then. But then again, what do I know.....could just be wishful thinking... Im young and naive and have caught this 'falling knife' into over-exposure oblivion
    Last edited by BC_Doc; 16-08-2016 at 12:20 PM.

Advanced Member

Thanks for the graph Winner, so if one is interested in a decent dividend, which I am sure will be encouraged by our government, one can simply hold the shares and know that they are cyclical and will rise again in the future. Or are "we" predicting that the dividend will drop significantly as well ?
    Disc: Holding more than I would like.

That image encapsulates the effects of the GFC...many companies got smashed during the GFC even the seemingly invincible Ryman. Stock is trading very close to projected NTA as at 30 June 2016...no need to panic or fret, the world isn't ending anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    That image encapsulates the effects of the GFC...many companies got smashed during the GFC even the seemingly invincible Ryman. Stock is trading very close to projected NTA as at 30 June 2016...no need to panic or fret, the world isn't ending anytime soon.
    It was heading down before the GFC hit

Maybe, just maybe, it is telling us that the next global crisis is about to hit us?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”