sharetrader
Page 793 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 29369374378378979079179279379479579679780384389312931793 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,930 of 20193

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I wonder how many have actually spent that long on a plane--It may sound good (direct) but after 12-13hrs many will be screaming for a layover.
    I fly 14 hour legs four times per year with a child (in economy) and it is far far better than having a layover. In fact we are looking forward to the new 18 hour route coming to Auckland in February. Seven years ago when we first shifted overseas we would spend around 36 hours travelling door to door (southern NZ destination) including the layovers we had to have. More recently that time has dropped to around 28 hours due to more direct routes at cheaper prices, we may be able to get the trip down to 24 hours including airport time next year. Long sectors that cut out layovers can be very very good on the right airline in the right aircraft. One detests transit security checks in massive crowded airports.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    I fly 14 hour legs four times per year with a child (in economy) and it is far far better than having a layover. In fact we are looking forward to the new 18 hour route coming to Auckland in February. Seven years ago when we first shifted overseas we would spend around 36 hours travelling door to door (southern NZ destination) including the layovers we had to have. More recently that time has dropped to around 28 hours due to more direct routes at cheaper prices, we may be able to get the trip down to 24 hours including airport time next year. Long sectors that cut out layovers can be very very good on the right airline in the right aircraft. One detests transit security checks in massive crowded airports.

If you fly a lot you tend to adapt to sleeping on flights, on a typical 12 hour flight I will sleep 8-9 hours so 14-18 would be ok, depending on time of day.

I fly 11 or 12 hour legs a couple of times a year. I'd be okay with a few more hours rather than a layover. Once you're in that zoned-out space (after about 5 hours) I couldn't care less how much longer the flight is going to be! I much prefer the long legs as day flights though. I'm never that good on the overnighters.
    Having said that, our trip over to Tonga a couple of weeks back (AIR) was 2 hours too long when the turbulence started an hour into the flight. The ride was bumpier and scarier than the SP movements of late!
    I was glad that the one hour departure delay due to "Engineering Requirements" (why can't they just say the plane is broke and we've got guys on a wet miserable Saturday night trying to get it going?) became a one and a half hour delay when they decided to get us another plane.........I wouldn't want it to happen at this (Tonga) end.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    I guess its the lesser of 2 evils---our recent layover in Kuala Lumpur was a bit much (its a real drag when they force you to go through customs+ about 4 security checks)At one point we went through a check, and then another about 5 min walk from there(???)--But personally after 12-13hrs on a plane Im getting pretty antsy(I envy those who sleep most of that time) 18hrs is alot different than 13hrs,but maybe with the new planes its not so bad (have'nt been on one yet)

They have made alot of progress on the new planes--maybe the airports is what they need to work on next.
    IMO they are moving in the wrong direction in their attempts to change them into giant shopping malls(Kuala Lumpor looks more like the USA in that regard)
    Last edited by skid; 20-08-2016 at 10:03 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Did you go to 'Old Town White Coffee'

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I guess its the lesser of 2 evils---our recent layover in Kuala Lumpur was a bit much (its a real drag when they force you to go through customs+ about 4 security checks)At one point we went through a check, and then another about 5 min walk from there(???)--But personally after 12-13hrs on a plane Im getting pretty antsy(I envy those who sleep most of that time) 18hrs is alot different than 13hrs,but maybe with the new planes its not so bad (have'nt been on one yet)

They have made alot of progress on the new planes--maybe the airports is what they need to work on next.
    IMO they are moving in the wrong direction in their attempts to change them into giant shopping malls(Kuala Lumpor looks more like the USA in that regard)
    Sounds like you flew from where ever to where ever via KLIA2 with either two different airlines or both legs were with 'Air Asia'.

There are several airlines called Air Asia and most of them are point to point only.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Default Air NZ on course for jumbo profit

Advanced Member

So, where to from here? looks like buyers building up. Maybe 10c gain this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    So, where to from here? looks like buyers building up. Maybe 10c gain this morning.
    hopefully more than 10c. also would be great if they share the profit via fat divvy lol

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohpark0119 View Post
    hopefully more than 10c. also would be great if they share the profit via fat divvy lol
    We all be laughing all the way to the bank.

After all the negative talk, that a breath of fresh AIR.