sharetrader
Page 807 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 30770775779780380480580680780880981081181785790713071807 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,070 of 20194

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    you will all still lose if the share price doesn't rally strongly today.

if you brought anywhere between the lows of 2.05 - 2.35 say you will still need to take into account the 35c dividend payout which will come of the price.

say it goes down today which is possible as it looks like they missed on some metrics? say it goes to 2.15 and stays there and then pays div 35c ten 2.15 - 35 = 1.80 you all lose unless one day it goes back above your entry price.

so guess you better hope it goes up today
    Have you checked the depth lately. looks like buyers building up, anyway, one day at time, lets enjoy today.

Does anyone know when the dividend record date is? I've had a quick skim through but haven't found it.

Sitting down with a nice big coffee now to have a proper read.

Happy holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninefingers View Post
    Does anyone know when the dividend record date is? I've had a quick skim through but haven't found it.

Sitting down with a nice big coffee now to have a proper read.

Happy holder.
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/242336.pdf

8th September - paid 19th
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I believe it's 9 September record, 19 September paid.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Sounds a plan but I'd be too scared to get it scratched.
    Here's my hint to you my good friend. You can't take it with you. In a world where we sometimes struggle to find relaxation and enjoyment, sometimes one must learn to simply enjoy the spoils of one's success.
    You took what I consider to be the most ball-sey stake I've ever seen anyone take on here. Go and enjoy it...a new Jaguar or a new Profile boat...whatever grabs your fancy and whatever you and your wife will enjoy...its not a sin to enjoy your success mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I'm also a very happy holder today, well done AIR. If $400m to $600m NPBT is as bad as it gets over this cycle, then I'm happy holding for future dividends.
    And that's it right there. White hot competition and they're still forecasting $500m before tax at the mid point of their forecast. Its clear they have a robust business model...at least as good as any other airline operation out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Here's my hint to you my good friend. You can't take it with you. In a world where we sometimes struggle to find relaxation and enjoyment, sometimes one must learn to simply enjoy the spoils of one's success.
    You took what I consider to be the most ball-sey stake I've ever seen anyone take on here. Go and enjoy it...a new Jaguar or a new Profile boat...whatever grabs your fancy and whatever you and your wife will enjoy...its not a sin to enjoy your success mate.
    ........hear, hear mate. Couldnt have put it better myself.........might even go trade the old 17 footer in myself.
    Have a Gr8day.

And that's it right there. White hot competition and they're still forecasting $500m before tax at the mid point of their forecast. Its clear they have a robust business model...at least as good as any other airline operation out there.
    The uncertainty is what the analysts could not handle. To the extent that they now have a range to work with, they will be more inclined to be bolder with their recommendations.

Prefer myself for AIR to be conservative rather than overtly optimistic. There are far too many variables out there (FX, oil price, competition etc) beyond AIR's control to be precise.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Wow, 35c in total fully imputed. Couta personal divvy recalculation 353k times 35c equals 123550 minus 6177.5 RWT equals 117372.5 plus around 34000 of imputation credits. Don't think I will be eating jellymeat tonight.
    well done couta!

Can the same be said for American Airlines..me thinks not, i can see AIR gaining ground back on the AUK-LAX route which is where a lot of this premium came from previously. The Chinese airlines may be a harder nut to crack.