sharetrader
Page 810 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 31071076080080680780880981081181281381482086091013101810 ... LastLast
Results 8,091 to 8,100 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Right so mum and dads are going to come to the rescue to stave off Insto tree shaking ? Any Jonny come latelys or divi hunters got burnt on the companies own guidance outlook this looks like it could go sub $2 prior to going ex divi. With more and more competition I wouldn't be supposed for the lower band of $400m being downgraded again.

forgetting the fact that air nz missed on some analyst estimates , if you look at the Qantas share price you can see a similar reaction with there share price - down after a record result
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ($20m was what the top 15 earners got between them in F15 - so 15 earn what 8,200 hard working souls get as a bonus (Seems fair)
    Doesn't read so well when you put it that way!

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Called it well bull sometimes people only see what they want to see.
    That's why it is a market - buyers and sellers with different perspective on value and sp movements.

Thank heavens for that!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    I don't wish to be harsh but I guess you will have to reduce that by over 20K due to the sp drop today
    No, because no one knows where the price will be a month or two after going Ex, my divvy in the bank remains the same regardless . Once the weighing machine evens things out, the share price will drift back to true value which as I've said before is $2.40-$2.50 IMO allowing for next year's projections. Off to work now, have a nice day everyone.

Default First Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Its hard to believe that institutions would be surprised with the FY17 outlook. I would have thought $500m on an ex divvy price of ($2.22 - 0.35) = $1.87 gives 32 cps after tax which gives a forward PE of 5.84 during a period of white hot competition.

Opportunity knocks ?
    Naysayers are boring me to death with their negativity. None have bothered to respond to this objective post. A forward PE of 5.8 at a time of white hot competition.
    People see what they want to see...others like me look at the facts objectively.
    On a very quick look through the financials I can't see anything untoward.
    EPS before extraordinary items and after accounting for tax was 51.64 cps.
    In terms of some people's comments that AIR have overpaid in respect of the special divvy I commented some time back that the net proceeds of the VAH sale was 25 cps to AIR's shareholders and also commented that the time for silly fishing expeditions in terms of investments in overseas enterprises was over...who wants Ansett MK3 ? I suggested the board pay out the full proceeds of the Virgin sale and they have.
    Gearing is fine and very conservative for this industry. They already have a substaintial capex programme over the next few years which will lead to one of the youngest airline fleets in the industry and are extremely well placed to fund that.
    They have new investment coming to easily account for matching capacity growth too tourism growth why would we want them to retain cash to expand any more than that ?
    I welcome the large special, I think it places a discipline around senior management to manage the company sensibly going forward.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-08-2016 at 10:55 AM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    No, because no one knows where the price will be a month or two after going Ex, my divvy in the bank remains the same regardless . Once the weighing machine evens things out, the share price will drift back to true value which as I've said before is $2.40-$2.50 IMO allowing for next year's projections. Off to work now, have a nice day everyone.
    I like the way you think! You have an awesome day!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Naysayers are boring me to death with their negativity. None have bothered to respond to this objective post. A forward PE of 5.8 at a time of white hot competition.
    People see what they want to see...others like me look at the facts objectively.
    On a very quick look through the financials I can't see anything untoward.
    EPS before extraordinary items and after accounting for tax was 51.64 cps.
    The reason Rodger is who agrees is buying and not going to comment to the audience:-) Ok I'm buying for starters:-)

Have a feeling that I should be topping up at these prices... Stoked with the result.

NTA is shown as $1.76 a share

What's a good multiple to use for NTA?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”