sharetrader
Page 811 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 31171176180180780880981081181281381481582186191113111811 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,110 of 20189

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    The reason Rodger is who agrees is buying and not going to comment to the audience:-) Ok I'm buying for starters:-)
    With you Raz, I have been buying this morning and will continue to monitor for further opportunities
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-08-2016 at 10:59 AM.

My loan I took for my AIR investment has to be paid back in 2020. This dividend alone will pay off the interest up till 2019. I have still got 7 more dividend payments to come (hopefully) between now & 2020. There will be a lot of sp ups & downs but I have plenty of time for the share price to recover. I am very happy with holding this investment.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    NTA is shown as $1.76 a share

What's a good multiple to use for NTA?
    Last time I bought into AIR the multiple was around 0,8 , and I remember that I made some money (selling them some years and a number of dividend payments later); Who knows - we might reach or drop below the $1,50 I mentioned earlier after ex-dividend?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Last time I bought into AIR the multiple was around 0,8 , and I remember that I made some money (selling them some years and a number of dividend payments later); Who knows - we might reach or drop below the $1,50 I mentioned earlier after ex-dividend?
    Of far more relevance is what multiple of NTA a similar company like QAN is currently trading at. I will look into this when time allows.

Advanced Member

My 2c worth again. Big buss. news in tomorrows paper. AIR paying big div. Mum and dad investors think wow I'm only getting 3% on my $10,000 = $300 after a year. Think I will buy $10,000 worth of AIR shares for $2.16c = 4630 shares and pick up the 35c div = $1,620.50c . And only have to wait a couple of weeks for div. Maybe a little surge in sp on Monday morning.

Enjoying listening to CL deliver his presentation live

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/lates...nterim-reports

He seems to understand the complex competitive environment they are operating is and and well-placed to mitigate foreseeable risks etc

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Of far more relevance is what multiple of NTA a similar company like QAN is currently trading at. I will look into this when time allows.
    QAN is on a outrageous multiple

QAN NTA is A$1.20

On same multiple AIR is worth just shy of $6

Good eh
    Last edited by winner69; 26-08-2016 at 11:17 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Dip my toes in....where you can get 12% plus return on dividend now??? With interest rate 3%...I think still worth of the risk....
    Last edited by King1212; 26-08-2016 at 11:40 AM.

QAN NTA is A$1.20

Good eh
    It also been the exact opposite in the past, If SP ends up less than NTA then the market doesn’t believe that the accounts accurately reflect market value. In other words, future write-downs to NTA are being forecast. Secondly, the market is often implying that it has concerns over a business’ viability or profitability.

If you believe these have merit then consider if you should be holding.

QAN NTA is A$1.20

Good eh
    Thanks mate. you'll find a similar thing if you look at Delta or American Airlines, both trading at huge premium's to NTA and also both operating in a highly competitive environment.

What BP or anyone else paid years ago is ancient history and of no relevance whatsoever to the current situation. Its all about what the company can earn going forward and a PE of 5.8 is the white hot furnace of this new competitive environment is only half its 10 year PE average.