sharetrader
Page 834 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 33473478482483083183283383483583683783884488493413341834 ... LastLast
Results 8,331 to 8,340 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Thank you Roger your opinion is much respected
    Some folks unintentionally hex a stock on every thread they pause on....gulp..... thats when i have another sip of Red Bull, because it gives me?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    LOL its been a crazy busy last few weeks mate. Nice to see our new friend buying at such an attractive price, very happy for him
    Yes Mr Bear bought at a sharp price, certainly not a bear of little brain per the story...:-) Happy investing and a weekend to enjoy...not sure what has happened since the first day of spring... like someone turn on the summer switch instead here in Christchurch.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Hort Park, Singapore

Given that people are not only

discussing the AIR dividend on the PGW thread

but also

talking about the AIR FY2017 forecast earnings (so wide you can fly a complete squadron of Emirates A380s through it) on the Skellerup thread.

I thought I would use this thread to post pictures:

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Nice of AIR to give forward guidance so incredibly early in the year, (unlike QAN who wouldn't / couldn't) and as for your favourite pick in the sector, Virgin, its a lottery if they'll even break even in FY17 let alone make anything but I reckon you should go "all in" on that one.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-09-2016 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Yes Mr Bear bought at a sharp price, certainly not a bear of little brain per the story...:-) Happy investing and a weekend to enjoy...not sure what has happened since the first day of spring... like someone turn on the summer switch instead here in Christchurch.
    I think the bear has a bit of cunning beagle hound in him mate and loves his divvy feeds almost as much as you, me, Couta1 and others

For good order,

Rupert Bear's canine chum was/is Algy Pug, amongst a healthy range of other chums

and the bear of little brain is Winnie the Pooh, who does not have a canine chum, preferring donkeys, kangaroos, piglets, and, rather surprisingly, a TIGER, but not of the paper variety......

I would provide pictures, but we have had today's picture quota provided already

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Some folks unintentionally hex a stock on every thread they pause on....gulp..... thats when i have another sip of Red Bull, because it gives me?
    One must refrain from answering such a question as one may very well find oneself serving a stint in the cooler unable to participate in all the excitement, suspense and mystery once Air goes Ex divvy.

Membaa

So there's the conundrum.

No, it's not about who's currently controlling the sentiment on this thread, moreso what happens ex-div.

For holders, some loading up the truck, rejoicing in the super-divi, it makes sense to hold until ex-div but who knows what they'll do immediately thereafter. Sentiment says they'll hold ad-infinitum, but history suggests otherwise, those canny folk move quicker than you can say 'exit stage left'.

For those looking to enter/re-enter, ex-div presents the opportunity as the divi discounts the SP, well usually it does. Some with cred have even suggested 'SP minus full div' is forthcoming, that's attractive, assuming it doesn't over-correct which would be even better entry.

Intriguing times. Good to see the fortunate rejoicing in the present, they deserve it for stumping up the ponies necessary to leverage the largess now pronounced for shareholders. Heck, it's not even too late to join that party and the SP is pretty flat recently, so quite a nice upside if one can stomach the potential ex-div sell-off, or get out before it.

Question is about the immediate thereafter? Who knows what will happens or what the apparently devoted will do. Let alone what you will do.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Question is about the immediate thereafter? Who knows what will happens or what the apparently devoted will do. Let alone what you will do.
    That unknown is why I topped up some cum div and I will buy an equal value ex div.

Have had great flights with air nz in the last week. Auckland-Sinagpore-Auckland-Christchurch.....Just an interesting note......Had a good chat with a relative whilst I was in Singapore who works as a senior engineer for Singapore airlines.

Asked what his view on investment in dreamliners.......he said the were economical because they were so dam light. The caveat to that being they were composite therefore, and small piece of damage meant an expensive replacement. Long term maintenance cost could escalate as a result. Which is why Singapore airlines passed ALL their dreamliners on to their budget carrier Scoot and opted for the new A350s instead.

Anyone got any thoughts on this from an engineering perspective?