sharetrader
Page 843 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 34374379383383984084184284384484584684785389394313431843 ... LastLast
Results 8,421 to 8,430 of 20190

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

BP just for you the definition of a Naysayer-"One who frequently engages in excessive complaining/negative banter and/or a genuinely downbeat attitude. Naysayers are distinguished by their tendency to consistently emphasize the worst of a situation" As this is describing a well defined known mindset, how is it name calling? PS-If you read some of my previous posts on this thread, you will see I do have a plan B,. ie buy more on any price weakness.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Have the instos finished selling yet? sp looking stronger.
    Looks like they are at least taking a lunch break.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Have the instos finished selling yet? sp looking stronger.
    Haven't seen anyone post a T20 update or Brokers report confirming that insto's have been selling or capping the asks. Possibly they have been, the recent volume suggest deep pockets, but confirmation would be better, otherwise it's just speculation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Haven't seen anyone post a T20 update or Brokers report confirming that insto's have been selling or capping the asks. Possibly they have been, the recent volume suggest deep pockets, but confirmation would be better, otherwise it's just speculation.
    A notice would not be triggered if they only sell up to a certain percentage and as some have a huge number of shares, this would take a bit of doing, with retail holders only comprising 10% of the share registry, there no way it's them that's driven the daily Average volume up to the near 2 million it's at currently.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    BP just for you the definition of a Naysayer-"One who frequently engages in excessive complaining/negative banter and/or a genuinely downbeat attitude. Naysayers are distinguished by their tendency to consistently emphasize the worst of a situation" As this is describing a well defined known mindset, how is it name calling? PS-If you read some of my previous posts on this thread, you will see I do have a plan B,. ie buy more on any price weakness.
    Couta just for you the definition of name calling: "The assigning of malicious designations in politics, debate, etc; character assassination"
    I am sure with a little bit of reflection you can work it out .

Related to your plan B ... sounds like averaging down to me. Obviously - I never would dare to question your strategy ... but for everybody else it might be worthwhile to do a bit research on this strategy before trying it out.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Membaa

A notice would not be triggered if they only sell up to a certain percentage and as some have a huge number of shares, this would take a bit of doing, with retail holders only comprising 10% of the share registry, there no way it's them that's driven the daily Average volume up to the near 2 million it's at currently.
    I didn't say "a notice". Anyone tracking the Top 20 holders report which any shareholder can request from the company, or a Brokers report which some brokers will provide to their customers, would show the net buyer/sellers in recent times. It would stop the guessing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Couta just for you the definition of name calling: "The assigning of malicious designations in politics, debate, etc; character assassination"
    I am sure with a little bit of reflection you can work it out .

Related to your plan B ... sounds like averaging down to me. Obviously - I never would dare to question your strategy ... but for everybody else it might be worthwhile to do a bit research on this strategy before trying it out.
    I've already averaged down from $2.85 to $2.32 so quite happy about that and will off course average down further Ex divvy should the opportunity arise, strategy has worked well for me and saved my bacon on a few occasions but each to their own, have a nice day, time to work and not banter.
    Last edited by couta1; 05-09-2016 at 12:44 PM.

IMO

I don't think I would like one of these easy come easy go money trees that some appear to have. If i did i think i may suffer from investor bias which is one of the uglier human traits; which can put one against anyone who has an opposing/ differing view ;but one can learn to deal with that little ego monkey on ones shoulder ; you know, the know it all ; follow me one. Luckily they always stand out; their blind spot is the transparency that I ,for one can easily see. And how many times will it take to learn, who knows; for it is just one more time. Attempts to influence often go hand in hand with this investor bias so please DYOR and do not be influenced by anyone no matter how repetitive and metronomic they will be.Its your money and their ego, easy choice.

Advanced Member

I've already averaged down from $2.85 to $2.32 so quite happy about that and will off course average down further Ex divvy should the opportunity arise, strategy has worked well for me and saved my bacon on a few occasions but each to their own, have a nice day, time to work and not banter.
    couta1, welcome to the green club. I am also in the green this hour by 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Luckily they always stand out; their blind spot is the transparency that I ,for one can easily see.
    They stand out and are easily seen because of their transparent blind spot?