sharetrader
Page 863 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 36376381385385986086186286386486586686787391396313631863 ... LastLast
Results 8,621 to 8,630 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I can't help wondering if Malaysian airlines still fly over the Ukraine and whether they're properly psychologically testing their pilots now as part of their annual medical.
    I'd still much rather pay ~ $1900 and fly with AIR and Singapore.
    They could give the pilots a blowup doll to have in the COCKpit :-)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Jeepers, it's only Friday morning, not Friday night!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Jeepers, it's only Friday morning, not Friday night!
    That's what they do at AIR so thought it was a good idea for Friday morning :-)

LOL mate. There's always at least one rotten apple in even some of the best barrels. Put you complaint in writing to AIR and see if they can resolve it for you.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-09-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Banned

I see a few comments on here recently about service and costs. I have just returned from a trip with Star Alliance, Air NZ to Houston, Lufthansa to Frankfurt and then Buenos Aires, AIR from BA-Auckland. Business class fares all of it. On the last leg with AIR from BA to AKL, I wanted to change my dates and fly 4 days earlier than originally booked. AIR told me as they had only 2 seats left, they would need to charge an extra $1,880 on the already hugely expensive tickets. I said "stuff you" I will fly PE instead. Their reply, sorry your fare rules don't allow you "voluntary downgrade" so if you want to travel in a lower class, you need to buy a new ticket.
    As I could not change dates, we ended up paying the ridiculous amount to get 1 of the 2 remaining BC seats to sit amongst the Pumas :-) BUT what infuriates me, is that one BC seat was empty. Pathetic service from AIR where loyalty (Gold Elite) makes no difference. Loyalty is a 2 way thing as far as I am concerned and AIR just lost mine
    That is very disappointing Iceman and an experience like that would taint things for me too. At the front line of customer service the most important thing to get right is a common sense approach to situations and they should've been able to sort you out given the no doubt $25-35k that round trip had cost your company. For the sake of $2k they've p1ssed off a customer who would keep spending a lot more if kept happy etc.

I see a few comments on here recently about service and costs. I have just returned from a trip with Star Alliance, Air NZ to Houston, Lufthansa to Frankfurt and then Buenos Aires, AIR from BA-Auckland. Business class fares all of it. On the last leg with AIR from BA to AKL, I wanted to change my dates and fly 4 days earlier than originally booked. AIR told me as they had only 2 seats left, they would need to charge an extra $1,880 on the already hugely expensive tickets. I said "stuff you" I will fly PE instead. Their reply, sorry your fare rules don't allow you "voluntary downgrade" so if you want to travel in a lower class, you need to buy a new ticket.
    As I could not change dates, we ended up paying the ridiculous amount to get 1 of the 2 remaining BC seats to sit amongst the Pumas :-) BUT what infuriates me, is that one BC seat was empty. Pathetic service from AIR where loyalty (Gold Elite) makes no difference. Loyalty is a 2 way thing as far as I am concerned and AIR just lost mine
    Yep, I don't disagree, I have also found their inability to be flexible is frustrating and for gold members that have proved their worth there needs to be more than just an automated answering phone saying they recognise the number calling from and being a premium customer and extend it into the following conversation. As you say Iceman, its a two way street and I will continue to fly AIR as the koru lounge network within nz is something I enjoy but hopefully recognising the need to retain frequent business class customers is something they can address.

Guru

Things have certainly changed.
    There was a time in the not too distant past where the tiers really meant something.
    I remember flying cattle and a hostess coming up with a paper because I was gold.
    You felt special.
    Seems not it's worth nothing.

Please complain to the CEO Iceman. I don't work for AIR but I do work for a large NZ Corporate and I know that the only way you can effect change in some cases is by bringing these types of situations to the attention of the CEO. Churn in high value spend customers is something they will not want.

Vision over Visibility

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    That is very disappointing Iceman and an experience like that would taint things for me too. At the front line of customer service the most important thing to get right is a common sense approach to situations and they should've been able to sort you out given the no doubt $25-35k that round trip had cost your company. For the sake of $2k they've p1ssed off a customer who would keep spending a lot more if kept happy etc.
    It's not just AiR NZ specific unfortunately. Try the sam with Jetstar, Qantas, Emirates, AirAsia, Singapore etc. It's an industry thing = revenue protection by being formal/rigid around the classification of tickets and not allowing changes beyond the conditions. Airline customer support staff are trained to stick to these rules and not change them

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    It's not just AiR NZ specific unfortunately. Try the sam with Jetstar, Qantas, Emirates, AirAsia, Singapore etc. It's an industry thing = revenue protection by being formal/rigid around the classification of tickets and not allowing changes beyond the conditions. Airline customer support staff are trained to stick to these rules and not change them
    I agree...

When I complained with AIR, yes they did provide some compensation for that one time as I was very frequent traveller, although no provision going forward. Emirates do offer a personalised service for a tier below the VIPs for frequent flyers which works for me when off to EU or Asia however not USA. I'm not aware of any other airline like you say and what i get with Emirates would not even be available for the infrequent business class traveller even ...