sharetrader
Page 876 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 37677682686687287387487587687787887988088692697613761876 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,760 of 20189

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    The hound doesn't care one iota if many are sceptics about dividend stripping...more food for his bowl and he knows its a time honoured and tested method to increase dividend income.

But for those that are interested, hopefully not many, surely the above is pretty easy to understand seeing as its typed in plain English. Lets save the post mortem for 6-8 weeks time eh.
    I dont think that merits some of the comments on dividend stripping--They are simply stripping off some of the companies value and giving it to Shareholders---My research has warned about dividend stripping in a company that is not in a strong uptrend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    If one bought on the day the dividend was announced and sold today you would be up a tidy 4.5% with the dividend. I'm not saying it works but it wasn't exactly the worst play you could have made regarding the recent dividend.
    More relevant is selling the day after it closes--You most likely would have still come out in the black--But I believe the debate was about all that ''free money''(just to keep it in context)

No surprises on oil remaining cheap for the foreseeable future with increased production predicted for 2017 - crude down 2.9% overnight. Good for AIR

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11709359

I know everyone laughs at the 'this time it will be different' statements but the last low cycle on AIR is very different to the fundamentals currently in play. Not saying there is pressure from competition but the tailwinds are not exactly fading.

Guru

Today may be another rocky day ,but more relevant is how much of a gain AIR made yesterday and whether that amount merits a company on the way up....interesting times

WD-You will have a chance to test out your statement by watching the SP today.
    Last edited by skid; 14-09-2016 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    No surprises on oil remaining cheap for the foreseeable future with increased production predicted for 2017 - crude down 2.9% overnight. Good for AIR

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11709359

I know everyone laughs at the 'this time it will be different' statements but the last low cycle on AIR is very different to the fundamentals currently in play. Not saying there is pressure from competition but the tailwinds are not exactly fading.
    Hey wd - you checked the price of oil at past cyclical lows of AIR share price (esp 2008/09)?

What you make of Paper Tigers comment that RPKs growth is currently slowing globally?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

the weakened nzd might help as well.. but the stats for August is out and the load factor keeps fall a little bit each month... Errr...

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey wd - you checked the price of oil at past cyclical lows of AIR share price (esp 2008/09)?

What you make of Paper Tigers comment that RPKs growth is currently slowing globally?
    Yes but that was during the GFC and tourism and migration wasn't anything like now where demand is still high.

RPK is certainly under pressure with competition but so are costs. I think it's more the degree of where it settles and no one can say either way with any certainty. As long as AIR maintain the divvys indicated its a tempting stock. I'm not betting the house on it. Been tempted a few times to re-increase holdings but yet to commit yet. Cautiously optimistic I think is how I rate my investment with AIR

Stats look OK with solid increase in ASKs to offset lower RASKs

Need Paper Tiger to confirm this is all OK - like no dramatic revenue decline
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    the weakened nzd might help as well.. but the stats for August is out and the load factor keeps fall a little bit each month... Errr...
    Will always drag behind the seats available increasing.

yep - more seats provided for bums to sit on, more bums are sitting on them, but the units of seats come in packages of 180 to 300 odd, whereas bums come in singles