sharetrader
Page 89 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293991391895891089 ... LastLast

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Can't Share Trader add a "Like" feature?

Anyone have an idea of what the results tomorrow will look like?

best you hold onto your socks if you own some...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Anyone have an idea of what the results tomorrow will look like?
    I outlined expectations on page 61. 17c EPS, 4c Div and around 260m in normalised pre tax profits is expected. Guidance to this was recent so don't expect massive difference. Hope for a bigger dividend, good progress on cost savings and guidance that forward bookings look strong.

Consensus for FY14 is 290-315 and I think this is low and it should be 350-380 therefore guidance will be key.

Lets see

Banned

Air New Zealand profit more than doubles

9:03am, 29 Aug 2013 | FLLYR

Air New Zealand today announced earnings before taxation of $256 million for the 2013 financial year, an increase of 172 percent on the previous year and the company’s best result in five years.
    The net profit after taxation was $182 million, which is $111 million or 156 percent up on the previous year.
    Operating cash flow was the highest ever at $750 million, and the company reported cash holdings of $1.15 billion. Gearing improved seven percentage points to 39.1 percent, a record low for the airline.
    A fully imputed final dividend of 5.0 cents per share has been declared, taking the total dividend for the year to 8.0 cents per share, a 45 percent increase on the previous year.
    Chairman John Palmer says the result places Air New Zealand amongst the best performing airlines globally. “We are focused on further improving on this result in the 2014 financial year. Based on the airline’s forecast of market demand and fuel prices at current levels, early results and forward bookings are encouraging.” he says.
    “This result is one that investors, Air New Zealanders, customers and our nation can be proud of. It marks the start of an exciting new phase as Chief Executive Officer Christopher Luxon and his management team drive their Go Beyond strategy to grow the airline,” Mr Palmer says.
    “Strong results allow Air New Zealand to reinvest in its products, services, training and development to further enhance the customer experience and to connect more people and businesses than ever to, from and within

yay on the dividend!

Will post in detail in a few days once I have been through in detail but all looks healthy and as expected.

Will be tuning in for the call at 10:30.

Will be interesting to see the markets reaction - given whats going on in Syria it may be quit muted. Who really knows - anyway at first look the result looks fine to me.

Again yay on the dividend! Huge check coming for me!
    Last edited by modandm; 29-08-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Pretty happy with those results

When are AIRnz/Virgin launching a NZ initiative to get people to outer space? The new word on the street is Richard Branson couldn't find a better location then NZ to launch some space flights...

Quote Originally Posted by modandm View Post
    yay on the dividend!

Will post in detail in a few days once I have been through in detail but all looks healthy and as expected.

Will be tuning in for the call at 10:30.

Will be interesting to see the markets reaction - given whats going on in Syria it may be quit muted. Who really knows - anyway at first look the result looks fine to me.

Again yay on the dividend! Huge check coming for me!
    Awesome Modandm. You nailed it again. I doubled my holding 2 days ago based on your research. Very happy. Thank you.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by modandm View Post
    Consensus for FY14 is 290-315 and I think this is low and it should be 350-380 therefore guidance will be key.
    Did they post forecasts?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Did they post forecasts?
    I didn't see any forecasts